Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A first for everything...

There is a first for everything and it seems like it is happening today!
It is my very first blog....
It is Makenna's very first time going to the circus! Brent has been dying to go to the circus since we've been married (don't ask me why) and so when he found out that the circus was coming to town he wanted to take her which is wonderful for me since now I get some "alone" time if the baby sleeps so I can clean my house and such. Kenna was so excited to go see all of the monkeys, elephants, bears, and lions. Hopefully there will be at least one of those animals there and it won't be a hairy faced woman called "Lioness" or something like that. She'll have a blast for sure. Hopefully it takes her mind off of Santa Clause and Jingle Bells since she is still talking about that! Its so cute though...
Today also marked the day of Gavin's first real smile! Brent and I were talking to him and he looked up at Brent and smiled! I'm so jealous it wasn't at me since I'm the one that gets up with him, changes his poopy diapers and all of the other wonderful mommy things! Thats OK though. It made Brent's day (besides going to the circus). I wonder what other firsts will happen tonight....

1 comment:

Lori said...

That's awesome gavin had his first smile. That's the best. it seems like the dads get to see all their first even though we do all the dirty work.