A few weekends ago, Brent and I decided instead of going out alone, we would take the kids out! So, we let them pick what they wanted to do. So, we went to the always delicious Taco Bell and to Sunset Bowl! We only played one game that took about SO LONG. There were people on both sides of us that I think finished two games each before we got to the 7th frame. The kids LOVED it and asked to go back the next day. It will happen again I'm sure. After all, their Diet Pepsi was delicious!
Friday, September 21, 2012
12 pounds (56%)
23 1/4" (67%)
All checked out well at the doctors! He is growing like crazy and now fitting into three month clothes! He is now smiling and cooing at us which we love. He absolutely hates it when the kids get in his face and mug all over him (who wouldn't.) He is eating four ounces every three hours, but could probably eat six. Ever since his stupid shots, he has been spitting up like crazy which is super annoying. His head has now outgrown his hair so he has that old man look, but hey! He has hair. Which is more than I could say about Gavin.
All I can say is, it is a good thing that he is so freaking cute. As most people know, I do not like the newborn stage. I don't find it enjoyable at all. This time around I have tried to enjoy it more because I am fairly certain he is our last. I sat and held him for the first two weeks (maybe it's because I could barely walk) and loved it for the most part, but then he got fussy from when he was about a month old for a couple of weeks. I know it is normal, but it still drives me crazy. But then he started smiling and showed his cute little dimples and all was right in our home! :) He was so, so good for about two weeks and then he got his damn shots. They screw everything up I swear. As important as they are. We are on the tail end of his grumpiness I think (or hope). Poor little guy.
I wish I could say that he was the perfect baby (as most people say about their babies), but he isn't and I'm OK with that, because he is by far cuter than any of the "perfect" non-crier, sleep through the nights, never fussy babies. We love him to pieces and wouldn't change him for anything.
PS. He is ALMOST perfect.... almost.
Gavin 4 1/2
It was finally his big day and he was so excited (as was I)! He had been waiting patiently since Makenna went back three weeks before he started. He also had been itching to wear his backpack since we bought it in July.
The wait did not disappoint! He went back to the same school he went to last year which was very comforting for the both of us. He jumped right out of the car and didn't even care if I went to take pictures and make sure he was OK. When I went to pick him up and he said, "Mom. I had so much fun at school today" Which is not like him to actually voice how it went. The following weeks have been just as easy and he loves every minute of it!!!
Saturday, September 1, 2012
We went to Lake Powell this past weekend with my family and it was SO fun! Surprising, since we took a six week old with us! But I figured, no matter where we are, he is going to be fussy, happy, or sleeping, so we might as well be at the best place in the world!
Makenna and Gavin both wanted to wakeboard and this is how it went!
Makenna and Gavin both wanted to wakeboard and this is how it went!
Gavin and Pepa
Gavin tried to wakeboard by himself, but we only gave him a couple of times before we pulled him in the boat. He would have gone all day if not! Next time for sure...
The first day of first grade finally arrived!!! Makenna's teacher is Mrs. Gott and she is FANTASTIC! We got to go in the day before school started to meet her and realized she lived in our neighborhood. We have half of the neighbor kids in her class too, but we love it.
Anyway! Kenna woke up all ready to go. I let her pick out everything (including her hairstyle). The outfit she picked out she called her "Land of Poo" outfit from the movie, Nanny McPhee Returns. Its a pretty funny joke if you have seen the movie. If not, oh well!
We got Kenna all ready, fed, and dropped her off. She walked right in to her desk, and that was it! I'm glad she was so confident to go in and didn't look back. It was a L.O.N.G. day back at the homestead. Gavin and I had to try and think of things to do, since we didn't have Makenna bossing us around and inventing new games! We survived, and it has since gotten easier to keep Gavin entertained (ie. Phineas and Ferb). Gavin starts preschool on Sept. 6 thankfully!
Makenna came home and talked the rest of the day how much she loved school, how funny her teacher was and how fun it was to eat at school. Here is to a year of her still loving it!
We had a very, ummm.... uneventful 24th of July. Brent worked and I went grocery shopping with all three kids. Yeah, way fun. That night, we went up to my parents house for a BBQ and then came home for our own fireworks! Brent picked them out, and lets just say, he will probably never pick them out again. They lasted probably five minutes and were just extremely loud. But the kids enjoyed them anyway! The only reason I am posting this is because I got a cute picture of the kids!
Griffin Lee Martin
July 14, 2012 ---- 3:23 P.M.
7 pounds 13 ounces ---- 20 1/2 inches
I was scheduled to be induced a week early which was July 14, 2012. I had been having contractions on and off for about a week and a half so I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to be induced even though it was a week early. Needless to say, the 14th arrived and we finally got into the hospital about 10:30ish. I was dilated to a six so I knew it was going to be very long!
When we got there, I got hooked up to all the fun stuff (by my favorite nurse ever!) and did the waiting game. My parents brought the kids down around 12:00 and after that the doctor got there and broke my water! By 2:25 PM I was ready to push (after dry heaving for the past 1/2 hour).
I thought it would be maybe 20 minutes and he would be here. Needless to say, things did not go as planned either for me, or for the doctor. At one point, I was having a tug-of-war with one of the nurses with a blanket to try and get the baby's head under the bone. I had to have my mom come in and hold my head up because I was too exhausted. After the doctor got the forceps (I know, lucky me), he finally came out by a millimeter (as the doctor said) at 3:23 PM. The kids loved him even though they said he was funny looking at first! We love him so much and think he is the perfect addition to our family!
The night before. Yes, I'm huge.
Last family picture of four!
He came out looking for food!
Kenna, and the birthday boys! (it was also Pepas birthday)
First family picture of us FIVE!!!
Griffin and Grandma Martin
Poor kid was so beat up!!!
Monday, August 20, 2012
2. You didn't like to do anything that was "squishy" and didn't paint a thing because you didn't want to get your clothes messy.
3. You ask SO many questions. The best thing is, it's not just "why." You ask legitimate questions!
4. You LOVE your Dad.
5. You always have something in your hand that you call a "teddy." I don't know where the name came from, but it changes about every other week.
6. You were a zombie Buzz Lightyear for Halloween.
7. You are very sensitive.
8. You love to torture your sister. You know exactly what buttons to push. It is so funny and hard to discipline, but we obviously it has to be done, even though you run right out of your room and throw the same doll again.
9. You are shy. Especially around people you know. But once you warm up, there is no stopping you!
10. You are so sweet, but hate to give hugs and kisses. We can barely get a high five from you. Except Dad of course.
11. You cried when we told you we were having a baby. It was so dang funny.
12. You are super quick to pick up on technology things (Ipad, phone, computer).
13. You are very picky with your clothes. Some weeks, you will wear the same shirt 5 times. I have to wash it in the middle of the week and hang it up on the hanger you have picked out for it.
14. You don't like going to church and cry almost every Sunday. You are so well behaved in Primary though. You said the other day, "I wish we didn't have to learn about Jesus. It's boring. I want to learn about Ninja Turtles or something cool like that"
15. You will play anything with Makenna.
16. You are very stubborn. Very.
17. You pretty much get your way. Especially with Dad.
18. You like to wrestle.
19. You are so funny and say the most random things.
20. You verify everything with me, even if you have permission from Dad or Makenna.
21. You are very polite and always say excuse me.
22. You say "bless you" when you sneeze. Which is quite often. (You sneeze every morning when you wake up)
23. You are a good little buddy to hang out with.
24. You love your little brother and are surprisingly cute with him.
25. You LOVE to tease Makenna (did I mention that already?!)
26. You say "mmmmmm" when you eat. The whole time you are chewing.
27. You want to be a Dad when you grow up.
28. You want to go to Pennsylvania on your mission. (We saw a license plate for that once).
29. Besides your Dad, you are the most photogenic kid ever. Until you want to goof off and then there is no going back.
30. You love to drink apple juice. Or anything for that matter. And can drink very fast.
31. Makenna loves you to pieces.
32. You went to Fathers and Sons with Dad and didn't want to come home. You loved the tent the most.
33. We finally got you on the tube at the lake and you like it as long as it doesn't go too fast!
34. All the old people love your hair.
35. You love swimming with Pepa.
We love you Gavin and can't get over how fun you are! You make us so happy and we are glad you are in our family!!!
2. Mrs. Buzzell was your kindergarten teacher and you loved her!
3. You ended at the top of your class for reading.
4. You "loved" Michael Winward.
5. You are in dance, piano and soccer and great at all of them!
6. Camryn is your best friend, but you also like to play with Mia, Parker and Ryan. You also met some new friends Braylen and Serae that were on your soccer team.
7. You are the most thoughtful little girl.
8. You have the Martin temper and when it flares, boy does it flare.
9. Your imagination is absolutely crazy. Everything in the house has at least two purposed (example: laundry baskets = cars, rock = phone, table = clubhouse)
10. You love to shop (except for groceries as you say)
11. You already have a sarcastic personality and we love it.
12. You will eat almost anything I tell you to.
13. You love church! You say your prayers by yourself, read scriptures, and enjoy going to church! You are always trying to choose the right.
14. You listen!
15. You were so excited when we told you that we were having a baby. And then cried when we told you it was a boy!
16. We took you to Anti-Gravity for your birthday with your friends and you had a blast!
17. We go to the lake a lot and you are an animal on the tube. You have been launched out and didn't even cry.
18. You are willing to try most things at least once.
19. You were a zombie Rapunzel for Halloween.
20. You don't have a favorite movie. You watch almost anything and even love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Spiderman with Gavin.
21. You help Gavin all of the time.
22. You enjoy playing with all of your cousins.
23. This summer (2012) has been a blast. We have been to Lake Powell, camping (in a tent even!), to a cabin for the Martin reunion, Sand Hollow and Quail Lake.
24. You have been the best little mother since Griffin has been here. You even tell me how to do things (example: when I grabbed his bottle by the nipple you told me that I shouldn't do that because my hands have germs on them and that I will be spreading it to the baby).
25. You can be quite moody.
26. You are very, very sweet and always will give Dad and me hugs and kisses!
27. You are an excellent swimmer!
28. You want to grow up so bad and it makes me sad! You can't wait to get married.
29. You and Mema have a very special bond and I hope you always have it.
30. You tell me everything and aren't afraid to say what's on your mind.
31. Gavin worships you and thinks you're the funniest girl ever (which you are)
32. You bore your testimony for the first time on August 5th.
You are a complete joy to our family Makenna!!! Dad and I love you so much and I hope you always stay close to our family!!!
It has been a long time since I have done this... A long time meaning over a year. I really want to get back into the "blogging scene" since I don't keep a hand written journal for my kids.
As most everyone knows, a lot has happened since last June. Emily Maynard was the last Bachelorette, Makenna has finished kindergarten and started first grade, Gavin is moving into his second year of preschool, I just ate the most delicious cupcake ever, and most importantly, we have two new additions to our family! No, we didn't have twins (thank freaking goodness), but we did have a baby in July and added a dog!!!
One day I may go back and do a bunch of past posts, but for now, I am going to summarize each kid and move on from there! If anyone cares... Mom, that would be you.
Griffin- Three days old