Saturday, September 1, 2012

July 14, 2012

Griffin Lee Martin
July 14, 2012 ---- 3:23 P.M.
7 pounds 13 ounces ---- 20 1/2 inches

I was scheduled to be induced a week early which was July 14, 2012.  I had been having contractions on and off for about a week and a half so I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to be induced even though it was a week early.  Needless to say, the 14th arrived and we finally got into the hospital about 10:30ish.  I was dilated to a six so I knew it was going to be very long!  

When we got there, I got hooked up to all the fun stuff (by my favorite nurse ever!) and did the waiting game.  My parents brought the kids down around 12:00 and after that the doctor got there and broke my water!  By 2:25 PM I was ready to push (after dry heaving for the past 1/2 hour).  

I thought it would be maybe 20 minutes and he would be here.  Needless to say, things did not go as planned either for me, or for the doctor.  At one point, I was having a tug-of-war with one of the nurses with a blanket to try and get the baby's head under the bone.  I had to have my mom come in and hold my head up because I was too exhausted.  After the doctor got the forceps (I know, lucky me), he finally came out by a millimeter (as the doctor said) at 3:23 PM.  The kids loved him even though they said he was funny looking at first!  We love him so much and think he is the perfect addition to our family!

                                                                    The night before. Yes, I'm huge.

  Last family picture of four!

  He came out looking for food! 

      Kenna, and the birthday boys! (it was also Pepas birthday)
 First family picture of us FIVE!!!

  Griffin and Grandma Martin
 Poor kid was so beat up!!!



No comments: