Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big Boy....

Man, the past couple of weeks (since Daylight Savings) my lovely children have decided to take it upon themselves to wake up before everyone else in the neighborhood. And they are loud enough to probably wake up the neighborhood. Not the point though. Since the change my kids have hardly slept in their beds! We have a makeshift bed on the floor for Makenna and Gavin has been everywhere in the house. The couch, floor, extra mattress, our bed (that's right, MY BED!) and not his crib. They have been waking up in the middle of the night and it is driving me so crazy! Gavin wouldn't go in his crib for the life of him, so we decided to change it from his crib to a toddler bed. That lasted a whole 12 seconds before he was out and throwing his door open. We finally put him on the mattress on his floor and he slept. But sure enough he came wandering in my room about 3:00 AM... anyway, he finally has a big boy bed with a rail. He was excited until I turned the light off, and he scurried his little bum out of bed and out of his room.... FRUSTRATING! We now put his big boy bed together, got some bedding for it and now we are hoping he will stay in his bed!!! Please, for my own sanity! AHHH...

We will see how tonight goes. Either way, here he is in his new bed!

Bed #1
Current bed! Lets pray that he stays!

8 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

ya- good luck with that!! That's definitely one thing I am not looking forward to!

Aubrey said...

I know this makes me the worst mother ever but we have one of those plastic door knob covers on the inside of his bedroom door so he can't come out. First 3 or 4 days he didn't even try then he tried for a few nights and now he just stays in bed with no problems. Just a thought.

Lyndsi said...

Thanks Aubrey! No, it makes you the smartest mother ever! :) haha. I'm sure you are getting a full nights sleep because of it!

sunsearay said...

Target in the kids bedding section has some cute night lights that are rechargeable. So you can leave it plugged in for a lot of light or unplug it for less. This has worked for us. Maybe that could help as well :]

We go the cute polar bear. They have a blue bird, a alien guy (its cute too) I think they got some new ones to.

Good luck! :]

Aubrey said...

I SHOULD be getting a full nights sleep but I also have a 6 month old. SO....not so much.

Heather said...

I also have locked my kids in their rooms. I always felt guilty but it seemed to work eventually. Good luck! Too bad he is such a smartie pants!

Lori said...

I hear you on this. Luckily my Gavin can't open his door yet. Good luck!

GOULDING CLAN said...

I am going through the SAME thing right now. I want to pull my hair out!