Monday, November 30, 2009

UGH.

SO! It has been a couple of weeks since I have updated everyone on my wonderful, unstressful, blissful life. I know that everyone has been DYING! and when I say dying, I mean stalking me, like every twenty minutes just to see if I have updated it. Well, wait no longer!!! I am here to blog my little heart out because frankly, I can!

The first sentence of my blog was supposed to be sarcastic (if you didn't get it in the tone I was using) but really, life hasn't been all that bad lately! Brent is home more (I still haven't decided if it is a good thing or not yet), the kids are sleeping again. Gavin stays in his new bed for the most part except for waking up at seven freaking o'clock in the morning, and I don't have to work. So I seriously can't complain about my life. I could complain about how many times a day I have had to vacuum recently in regards to smashed fruit loops, fruity pebbles, Christmas tree remains and every day grub, but really- I don't want to bore you and make your head hit the keyboard from falling asleep!

OK, enough of my ramblings. First on the list! (drumroll). Soccer.

Makenna FINALLY had her last soccer game on Saturday the 21st. Now, don't get me wrong. It was cute and fun to watch her play, but towards the end of the season, there was whining and crying that went along with it. And unfortunately, I am not that patient of a mom so I was threating Santa and everything under the sun to get her out there. Once she got out there, she ran (watching her shadow the entire time) and would sometimes chase the ball. She was really good however when she did get the ball. Her all-time highest score was FIVE goals. Three for her team and two for the other. We were just proud of her even though she is a little bit directionally challenged. :) She got a KICKIN' (get it KICKS soccer? oh never mind) trophy that she loves and places randomly throughout the house. The soccer was definitely worth the investment. FYI...

Gavin. Dear sweet Gavin. Or should I say, used to be sweet Gavin. I don't know what has gotten into him lately (well, I'm sure it has a lot to do with his father and the fact that he is a little boy) but man this kid goes. And goes and goes and goes.... and then just does naughty things for the heck of it. And then sounds so dang adorable when he says "sorry" after jumping on Makenna's head or throwing all of his food or something like that. And it is even cuter when he runs to the naughty chair as he laughs the whole way. I am not sure what kind of punishment is going to work for the kid. I don't think beating will even work. I will figure it out. He does really well with his accidents and stuff so I can't complaing too much. Even when he comes in at seven in the morning (I know that doesn't sound early to a lot of people, HEATHER) but I find that my best beauty rest is between 5:00 AM and 9:00 AM. Now, really, I don't sleep in the late. Just look at my broken out face and you will believe me! ANYWAY! The other night, I mean morning, Gavin came in around 7:15 and Brent lifted him in bed with us so we could turn on the TV (aren't we awesome parents!) and he decided to lay on my head and look at me and say "HELLO!" It was hilarious. Even that early in the morning. The only frustrating this was, I had FIFTEEN more minutes until my alarm went off for church. I would have pushed the snooze button twice and then been up. Now you wonder why we barely make it to church on time! Anyway, Gavs is awesome and cute and naughty. We love him though.

Thanksgiving rocked. We ate diner at my Grandma Hukill's three nights in a row which made it even better! Mexican on Wed., Thanksgiving fixings on Thursday, and the turky noodle gravy over potatoes on Friday (my fave). The kids were good. There were only 26 of us there, so it was a smaller crowd than normal. Dessert was the best though! She makes the best pies ever. I'm not even that much of a pie person, but they were delish. We went over to Brent's aunts house for more dessert and stuffed our faces there! It was a good day.

Our lights are up (thank you B), the tree is decorated (thanks Kenna) and now I just have to do the shopping (UGH). OK, thanks for indulging my thoughts... if you are still around to read them- if not, you probably have a nice checkered board forehead!




2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Sorry my kids are early birds so you don't get sympathy here. I don't remember the last time I slept past 7 (and that's on a good day!) I guess they go down early though so that's a plus.
Glad you had a yummy holiday!

Heather said...

I love the pictures. Gavin is so grown up all of a sudden. I think it's cute that he is notty too. Little boys are so fun. Oh yeah, suck it up, I've been up since 5:45
Aren't my children sweet.