Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sweet and sour chicken.

I got this recipe here. My kids love it, the husband loves it, and I love it. I have even put chunks of green pepper and onion into it, and that is delish as well. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yum-my!!!


Sweet and Sour Chicken
Printable Version

*Note: if you like extra sauce, double the sauce ingredients – pour half over the chicken and follow the baking directions in the recipe and pour the other half in a small saucepan. Cook the sauce on the stovetop at a simmer for 8-10 minutes until it reduces and thickens. Serve it on the side of the chicken.

*Serves 4-6

Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes so it is evenly coated with the sauce. Serve over rice.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you reminded of me of this recipe! It really is so good! I will email you some recipes when you're ready to do the recipe blog!! It was nice having you over tonight!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Thanks for doing this. I am sooo excited to get new recipes. I need to e-mail you my favorites.
I hope you are all doing great! Mike and Brent talk a lot, but we never do, I miss it. Can you even believe our kids are going to kindergarten? and the boys are in preschool? it has floored me.
This recipe sounds so good, I'm going to try it tonight!
Jess

The Foisy's said...

totally have this one and looove it too!!!

Melissa said...

Sounds yummy! I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing!

HeatherStout said...

I can't wait to try this. I checked out the blog and love that what she makes seems like it has "normal" ingredients in it. I feel like most of the time the cooks put in all this fancy stuff and I don't even know where to find it at the grocery store. I totally buttoned her blog on my blog:) Give me some more recipes! please:)