Sunday, June 7, 2009

FIRST SET

Yesterday started out pretty well considering it was Sunday and I had an interview at 8:30 and had to get the kids ready by myself and made it there on time!!! I think Brent slows us down on Sundays! I got a promotion in nursery. I am now a nursery LEADER and not just a WORKER now. YIPEE. We went to my parent's ward and ate lunch there, came home for naps and then ate a delicious meal at Deanna's! Then it was off to Grandma's Camp and my mother-in-laws.

Here is the history behind Grandmas Camp. My Grandma Hukill started it 24 years ago when it was just my brother and I. She takes all of the grandkids (the ones that are potty trained) and keeps us for a whole week with no parents at all. We would swim all day, eat, hike, go to water parks, play games, have crazy hair days, matching outfits etc. It ROCKED. We were called the Hukill Hunks and Hunnies. We had a song and everything. I will sing it for you if you ask! haha. OK, I am getting side tracked now. My mother-in-law has adopted the idea and I love it because now Makenna gets to go! So we got her all ready to go and headed over there!

They had set up a mock airplane up and the kids did an in-flight fashion show for us while we got peanuts and Sprite. Then it was picture time. That is when it all went down. Gavin had been crying for the past three hours (I swear it was that long) and so he was getting his picture taken and I heard Kenna scream inside. I went inside and her forehead was being held with blood dripping out of it! She split her forehead open so I called my mom and she picked up my Grandpa and we all headed to the clinic.

Thank goodness for my amazing grandpa! He took great care of Kenna. She only cried for a second when the needle went in and then she was tough the rest of the time. I can't believe how tough she was when it first happened! She seriously only cried for a minute and calmed down and was fine once we got her cleaned up. She now has SIX stitches in her forehead, but she is bandaged and sleeping over at Grandma's house!

Thank you everyone for all of your help! It was greatly appreciated!!!

Before (she was crying because she didn't want her picture taken!)

The amazing grandpa, I mean doctor at work!

After

Check out that goose egg!

The patient and doctor (both bewildered)

The comic relief- (a face only a mother could love)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Kenna. I'm so impressed. I'm glad that you have an awesome grandpa that is at your beck and call. How can I get me one of those? I'm glad she still wanted to stay at grandmas camp.

Janalyn said...

holy Crap! She is such a tough little girl! Can you imagine if it would have been Camryn? DRAMA!!! She would have cried for a month! Give her a kiss and tell her we will see her this week!

Kengie said...

Is that your dad at the end? So funny about your comment about "a face only a mother could love". I had to laugh at that. Can't wait to see the update today when the stitches come out.