Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lake Powell

I am the fourth of five to be blogging on this trip, so I will try not to repeat what some of you might have already read.

First off, I want to give a shout out to the Smiths for making this trip happen! It was so dang fun and even my workaholic husband wants to go back, so well done!

Second, thank you to all my baby sitters for taking my kids! Lake Powell is my favorite place on earth and it was WONDERFUL not to have my children there. I love them, but it was SO relaxing!

Things I learned at Lake Powell

-Brent is VERY athletic when he needs to be.
-Brent is athletic because he is TERRIFIED of lizards come to find out.
-Houseboat walls are paper thin
-Melissa knows A LOT about everything
-Cheetos and Whoppers are considered a lunch

-Deanna laughs out loud at everything (and I love it)
-"Do/say it again and see what happens" doesn't mean a thing.
- Playing a wrong card can get you death threats from Aaron or Jordan
- B West can function on very little sleep and still be somewhat pleasant
-Josh's hair is indestructible
- Holding your cell phone in the air really does get you better service
-Peach cobbler is the best after 11:00 PM (you sleepers missed out!)
-Make sure you keep your legs crossed when you are jumping off a cliff unless you need an enema

-Heather is a movie star even without earrings!
-Aaron can fit 10 JET-PUFFED marshmallows in his mouth (maybe 11)
-Bonnie is the new Marilyn Monroe (but better)
-Pumpkin spice and vanilla make French Toast even better! (thanks Mel!)
- The can-can is possible on a tube and it will be perfected by the end of summer (right ladies!?)
-Brent West can seriously fix everything (and I thought my husband was handy!)
-Heather missed her calling in life. She should have been a LEGAL pharmacist.

-Deanna is an awesome rapper/dancer
-Bonnie can go a week without getting in the water and still have fun
-Jordan DOES know how to kill a rattlesnake
-Hollywood and Sanchez know how to dig a hole
-Brent is a great dutch oven cook
-You can ski a lot better when the rope isn't left in the water with you
-Never stand on the back of a boat when Jordan is driving (maybe it was the mustache)
-Josh and Deanna don't swear even when they are scared
(SHHIIIIIOOOOTTTT!)
-Tubing is the best thing EVER!
-Heather seriously soaks all desserts in milk
-Aaron is a very patient driver
-Brent shouldn't ever dance (especially when clothing comes off)
-Pregnant women should
-Deanna can do the worm, and do it well!
-Waterproof eyeliner really isn't that waterproof
-Lortab doesn't make Melissa loopy (unfortunately)
-Bonnie LOVES to take pictures and looks good in all of them!

-Melissa has the most soothing voice ever
-Three hours of sleep + PMS = a crazy woman
-Rap music makes everyone's head move
- The kid table rocked the houseboat! (even though I wasn't on it)
-Maybe we should do this trip every year! ;)
-Lake Powell with great friends is the BEST EVER

Thanks everyone!!!

PS. I totally could have won an award for worst hair EVER. In every picture my hair looks horrible! I wasn't blessed with straight or curly hair. Somewhere in the middle... Oh well though, I guess we were at the lake!


7 comments:

Janalyn said...

Wow! A lot can happen at Lake Powell it sounds like!
Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

It's so funny how we can learn so much about each other on a 4 day trip. Even after thinking we knew So much! Thanks for the sweet post, I loved reading the things you learned.

Melissa said...

Props to you on the post Lyndsi! That was a very enjoyable read! We really did have a blast, didn't we?! See you tomorrow!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Very nice. I laughede out loud (again). Glad everyone had fun with the rap. It just gets in your system and you cant help but bop your head! Your hair was fine, maybe not Hollywood fine, but really it was fine!

Amanda said...

What a fun trip, looks like you had a riot!!!!

Heather said...

That was my favorite post of all! I love that you enlightened us all! That was my favorite trip ever and we are all still friends! Thanks for all you did!

Aaron and Jen said...

Sounds like so much fun! Sometime when we're down there we need to go! Can you believe that I've STILL never been?