Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Extravaganza.

Easter has come and gone once again. This is probably the only holiday that works for us in our favor with our family situation. We do Easter with my family on Saturday and with Brent's family on Sunday. We don't have to battle the "time" issue and I love it.

SO! Saturday morning, I took the kids over to Janalyn's house to color eggs and finish my cupcakes I was supposed to take to the Staheli Family picnic. I made them, Kenna colored some eggs, and we took off to the picnic. We got up there and it was fun as usual! This is about the only holiday where we see all of my mom's side of the family and that means there is A TON of food. We had chicken, about five different salads, dutch oven potatoes (which were to die for, thanks Janet's familia) and too many desserts to count (which were all heavenly). We had the usual Easter Egg hunt and lucky for the kids there were no eggs were hidden under cow pies this year! We packed up, left and the kids slept on the way home!

SUNDAY morning.... the kids woke up and went to find their Easter baskets. They got fishing poles and swim stuff. I got them breakfast and thought I would go get back in bed for a minute... Mind you, I hadn't taken pictures of them and their baskets. WARNING: Don't go back to bed and have your husband asleep on the couch when their is Easter grass around... Not a pretty sight to wake up to!

Once the mess was cleaned up, we made potatoes and more cupcakes for the Martin Easter dinner which was fabulous! We ate, did the Easter egg hunt, a Humpty Dumpty Egg Drop, and an egg throw that I unfortunately ate the egg before I could get too into the game. Stupid me.

Anyway, we had a good time and Easter I'm sure next year will roll around quick enough!!!

Pictures to follow. I can't get them to work right now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad that you had such a great Easter. Thanks again for the cupcakes and letting us borrow your table. You guys are awesome.