Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Martin Family Reunion

Man, this year has seemed to fly and unfortunately, so have all of our vacations! They are over with as of now... so if anyone wants to take me somewhere, I will find a sitter!!!

So.... this year the MFR (Martin Family Reunion if you didn't catch that), was at Pine Lake. If you don't know where that is, it is up by Bryce Canyon. It was awesome. We had this HUGE campsite all to ourselves and plenty of space to let the kids catch their horny dude (and no, it wasn't Brent- it was a horned toad that they named Horny Dude, hilarious if you ask me) and just run wild. I pretty much parked my butt by the fire most of the time but still enjoyed my time. We did go to Bryce for about 20 minutes before Brent started freaking out over some "cliff" and that was the end of our sight seeing. It was still fun!
So we got up there Thursday, got our stuff out and ate some delicious chicken kabobs and corn on the cob. The next morning we ate dutch oven cereal (ok, maybe just cereal) and then we went to Bryce and just chilled the rest of the day. By 9:30 it was 49 degrees and we were off to bed. It was a bit cold. Saturday we just did some more playing in the dirt, walking to the lake that was filled with leeches (my nephew got one on his leg) and then Brent took Kenna fishing while I relaxed more with Gavs as he slept in a hammock (oh the life of a two year old).

We ate like we hadn't eaten before while we were up there. And if you didn't eat the snacks and food fast enough, they were tossed in the fire by Gloria. Pretzels, cheese balls, salsa, grapes... you name it, it got burned. Seriously, some super delicious food. Alright, enough of my chatter! Here are the pics.



Just starting to get dirty


Eating homemade/handmade ice cream.


Booms, Maicey and Gavs on the hunt for "Alvin and Brittany"

Don't I look pretty... HA!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that you had fun. I love all the pics. Your family looks so cute. After Fish Lake we'll be done too so we'll have to go to the pool a lot.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Oh fun. I love Gavs in the hammock. Makes me wanna join him.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That hammock does look very inviting! I wouldn't mind joining him either. Good 'ol camping.......so fun!

Amanda said...

Such cute kids! It was fun to run into you at the library the other day :)

Kelly said...

Hey! Absolutely a girls night is in order after girls camp. I haven't seen so many of you for way too long!

PS - love the horny dude comment :)