Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chocolate Cake

Well, this week has already been crazy and it is only Wednesday. I feel like I haven't been home more than 10 minutes and that my kids have only napped for about that long. Either way, I have a laundry list of things to do (including laundry) yet I am sitting here about to eat my second HUGE piece of chocolate cake. It is leftovers and I am assuming that I will be eating the whole thing by myself. I love chocolate cake without any frosting. Plus it is 100 times healthier! (I only wish). Now I know why Makenna said what she said in her prayers, and I quote!

Heavenly Father,
Bless me this night,
Please bless my mommy
Please bless my mommy's big tummy (mind you I am NOT expecting)
Please bless................. and went from there.

Needless to say, I went to the gym that night and sure enough, looked at my gut. I know it is a combination of stretched skin and fat, but still- how embarrassing and nasty! And now I have shared it with all ya'll. And don't say I don't have a gut, because kids don't lie! :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

ha ha ha that is hilarious! I am scared to hear what my little ones are going to say, kids are brutally honest. You are darling, no worries!!

Mike said...

whatever lyndsi i was just telling mike how skinny you look! she probably just hears you say stuff about it

Live Life said...

Im going to say it!

YOU DO NOT HAVE A BIG TUMMY!

Kids have great ears, and will pick up on almost anything! Why do you think most of the teens in this state think they are fat? Is because we sit and say how unhappy we are about us. So naturaly they pick it up...and well you know how it goes! I watched my mom growing up not being happy about her weight, and here I am...Im not happy either. But I am trying to turn it around for my girls. I try my best not to say the evil words of "I am so fat!" I hope it works, and they value who they are and how their bodys look.

So again...

YOU DO NOT! HAVE A BIG TUMMY!

Hate me if you like, but its true! You and a light weight! :)

Sorry for the novel. heehee

CLUFF FAMILY said...

I dont have this problem. I walk around telling my kids how "hot" I am. I ask them, is your mommy pretty? Of course they HAVE to reply "yes" (or no treats!) It works great to build your confidence! :)P.S. I love your pictures! On the couch- sooo cute!