Saturday, March 21, 2009

Not "real" hikers

We are not the hiking type. We don't have Nalgene bottles, Teva's, granola or cargo pants (I think that is what hikers have and no offense if you have these items), but instead had cans of Diet Pepsi, flip flops, candy and jeans. Even though we don't fit the steriotypical hiker brand we thought it would be fun taking the kids hiking. Since we are blessed to live in a place with so many different hikes, we thought we would start easy and move our way up.

Our first hike was the Red Hill. I didn't know that hiking is what it was used for. Back in the day it was for the bucket run, senior sunrise, making out or bumper jumping. Either way, B and I decided that we would take the kids hiking. My parents had this old school backpack that they used when I was a toddler so I got to sport that sweet hunny around with Gavin. We had a picnic on the top of the rock and had a good time! Maybe we will try The Subway next week... Anyone care to join us?! :)


6 comments:

Live Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Live Life said...

The subway in Zion's? That would be fun! I have never done that...

Looks like you guys had fun today! Way to be outdoorsy!

Aaron and Jen said...

Looks like fun! We love to hike! Next time we're down there we'll have to get together and you can show us some of the cool new hikes you've been on!

Melissa said...

We are in! Lets plan a family night hike!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

How fun! You guys look so cute. count me in on the sub!

Robyn said...

the Subway is a RAD hike! if you can lug your kids for the full eight miles I will be very impressed!!! PS- not at all insulted since i do own nalgenes, tevas (chacos for us REAL hikers), and cargo shorts......and sadly i wear them EVERYWHERE