Thursday, September 11, 2008

San Francisco!

Where the men shave their pits, and the women don't...

That's right- we witnessed it first hand when we were on the 100 degree trolley sitting on the bench and a husband and wife had to hold on to the handlebar way above their head right in front of the Nielsens faces... That was just the first of many adventures we had while we were there. I'm not going to bore all of you and make you read my ramblings so I will just make our adventures short and sweet. I only have pictures of the first day because I didn't want to lug my camera around the rest of the time so we are short on pics!

1. The trolley to Fishermans Wharf (aka Pier 39). It stopped at every street and let more people cram on. Therefore, nasty armpits or boobs in your face.

2. Italian restaurant. No A/C and it was hot. The food was OK.

3. The Bush Man. There was this homeless guy hiding behind a fake bush and jumping out and scaring people as they walked by. SO FUNNY!

4. Pier 39. It was OK... the sea lions were pretty entertaining and Brent was entertained by some dude putting on a show.

5. Homeless guy dancing to reggae dancers. Even Brent couldn't pull down his sweet moves.

6. Trying to catch a cab back to the hotel and then cramming back on the trolley.

7. Dinner. Kim Thans. N-ASS-TY! That is what the food tasted like. We aren't sure if we ate cat, dog, or rat, but we do know it couldn't have been the chicken or beef that we ordered.

8. Beach Blanket Babylon. After I hiked halfway back to the hotel to my forgotten ID it was a pretty good show! It was super hot in there as well.

9. Haight-Ashbury. A little hippie part of town where Brent and Mike walked in a protest and it was OK to smoke pot in the stores.

10. Golden Gate Bridge. We were there for about 2 minutes and then left back to the pier for lunch.

11. Alcatraz. An awesome prison on an island. It was a neat experience to go to. Except for the crazy hills you had to walk up. I'm surprised Jill didn't go into labor from it! (Thank goodness!)

12. Dinner at Ruth's Chris. DELICIOUS and I seriously almost threw up because I ate so much. Thanks Mike!!!

13. Shopping at Union Square. Our hotel was right by this huge shopping center and it was amazing. I'm not even a big shopper and I loved it!

14. All of our cab rides. These guys are all nuts and I'm surprised we didn't wreck or hit anyone.

15. Brent and Mike. Enough said there! :)

It was a great trip and I was ALMOST sad to leave. I missed the kiddo's but it was so nice to relax and go places without lugging car seats and such. Thank you Mom and Dad for taking them! They had a blast!

10 comments:

Live Life said...

What are you saying...that I went on and on about my blog to San Fran?? :p Heehee. Looks like you guys had fun! Now im really glad we didnt ride the trolley!!!

Cheryl said...

Fun stuff!

The Foisy's said...

Okay, couldn't you have stopped and picked us up on the way? J/K I'm totally jealous! That looks like fun and Jill oh my she's having another baby? Does she know what it is? You guys are so funny! I LOVE the pit thing!

Leilani said...

So are saying i should shave my pits? Sounds like you had to much fun. So maybe some time when i come to St. George you will be in town, and i can see your growing family, you know when Gavin graduates from kindergarten!

Jason and Joanna said...

Looks and sounds like y'all had a great time! I've never been to San Francisco- and I'm not sure if I want to haha

HeatherStout said...

Gotta love San Fran, although we didn't have quite the same experiences you guys did, still a great place to visit. Loved all the pictures.

Kelly said...

Back when I was a working woman I went to SF by myself for a conference. I was walking around down by the pier, reading a map at the same time - total prime target for the Bush Man! I jumped and screamed and was quite entertaining for the other tourists :)

Sounds like a fun trip!

Micki said...

I love San Fran! One trip isn't nearly enough to get in all the sights. (We went last year.) I want to go back! And take the kids.

Aaron and Jen said...

Looks like you had tonz of fun! I've only been to San Fran once when I was really little but I loved it! I want to go back and take the girls!

Lori said...

I love San Fran. I am glad you guys had a good time. I thought you guys said you traveled when we first met you, that definitely does not seem to be the case.