Monday, July 20, 2009

Can we say dirty?!

The Martin Family reunion was this weekend and it was a lot of fun!

It started on Thursday up in Pine Valley and ended on Sunday. Like I said, it was fun but man was it DIRTY! And it didn't help that I hadn't showered since WEDNESDAY! That is right. I went FIVE days without showering. I think my hair started forming dreads (even though I did comb it), I could almost braid my leg hair, and the bottom of my feet are still black (but they always seem to be black). Either way, it was fun!

We stopped in Veyo to eat dinner, but there was only a one man show up at John's Gourmet Cafe, so we went to the Red Dog Cafe in Dammeron Valley, and it was GOOOOD!!! We got to PV about 6:30 and it was roughly 100 degrees still I think. We set up our trailer and chilled the rest of the night. My kids were bouncing off the freaking tent trailer walls by 10:30 that night. We had to throw them in the car to get them to sleep. They FINALY fell asleep and on to Friday!

Friday we just hung out at camp the whole day. We did drive to the general store to buy a $1.50 20 oz. Diet Pepsi but it was worth it! :) Gavin ate a lot of dirt, Kenna played in the river, and we sat around a lot and tried to relax!!! We had to cook dinner that night and made some yummy dutch oven pizza! I then gave my kids bucket baths in the freezing spicket and got them ready for bed! Luckily my kids fell asleep REALLY fast that night so I got to play cards the rest of the night with my sis-in-laws which was fun once I started winning :)

Saturday we headed down to Gunlock Resevoir and got to go on the lake thanks to Brian and Jamie. We ate pancake chicken and dutch oven potatoes that night and then played more cards while it sprinkled over our whole camp. (By the way, Veyo's gas station has delicious ice cream)

Sunday we ate, packed up and left! Thanks Keng & Gloria for the fun trip!!!

No comments: