Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lake Powell numero dos!

We ventured out to Lake Powell this past week, but this time it was with my family. Unfortunately we had to bring the kids (just kidding). It was a lot of fun, but at night it was bloddy hot! My G's were sticking to me like nobody's business and when Makenna had fallen off her bed for the 15th time, I went to move her and she was DRENCHED in sweat! Poor little thing. I am talking about myself, not Makenna. :) I did survive though. It was fairly relaxing since I had my nannies there to take care of my kids for me (thanks Mom, Dad and Bree!) so I actually got to read a few pages of my book and take two naps while I was there!!!

I am so glad that we were able to go. I love out ghetto houseboat excluding the nasty bathroom. But then again, at least I am lucky enough to have a bathroom to go potty in. Who cares if the freezer NEVER works and that only one engine worked. It doesn't matter if you can hijack the boat right out of the slip because the key is in the ignition and the glass door "handle" (which is duct tape) is broken. At least there is "air conditioning" and lights. Makenna found the lake to be a perfect bathroom for her and let everyone know that that is where she went pee. It was funny.

I think Makenna's favorite part of Lake Powell was that I let her skinny dip for a minute. I was giving her a bath in the clean lake and so I would soap her up and let her jump in. She LOVED it. But then again, who doesn't love skinny dipping! :) She swam all day long for the three days we were there. She loved jumping off the back of the boat, and also tubed and jumped off the top of the houseboat! She is a brave little girl.

Gavin was only worried about three things at the lake. Cookies, juice, and sand. He is a smart little fart and would go ask different people for cookies, so he got them ALL DAY LONG. At one point, he had three in his hands. I think he only ended up with four new bruises on his head and no scratches so he did pretty good for himself this trip. He loved playing in the sand. We set an umbrella up for him, and he sat under it and dug in the sand for hours. It was really cute.

Brent didn't get any concussions this go around and got LOOOOONG naps on the beach with Gavin. Since it was so hot in the cabin of the boat, Brent had Gavin sleep on his chest for his naps on the beach under a canopy. It looked very uncomfortable, but they both slept for two hours, so it couldn't have been that bad (maybe that is why Brent had a permanent kinked neck).

Thanks Mom, Dad and Grandpa for putting the trip on! It was a ton of fun and can't wait to do it next year!
Heading out to the lake

Dinner in Page

My Dad and me
Kenna jumping off the houseboat
Naptime
Hiding in the closet
Naptime again
Swimming (obviously)
He has three cookies in his hands
Heading home
Still heading home

3 comments:

Karly Barker said...

I wish I could have been there!!! SO fun!

Heather said...

Cute pictures. Your making me wish we were back there. I'm so jealous. Your kids look like they had a lot of fun.

Shelly said...

That nap time on the beach picture is sweet. And Kenna is brave for jumping from so high!