Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hukill's Hunks and Hunnies

First off, Hukill is pronounced hue-kull. Not that it matters since I one of the easiest last names now, but either way, that is how you pronounce my maiden name. Back to the story.

Every year my Grandma Hukill has a grandma's camp where she takes all of the grandkids. It started when I was two (I am the oldest grandkid, and favorite, by nine minutes). There are now 32 grandkids and great-grandkids. Luckily we don't all go every year, but this year was a bit different. My grandma wanted a family picture so almost everyone came out of California and Salt Lake. There was a total of 42 of us, I believe. It was crazy to get a family picture and you can hardly see anyone's faces because we were so large, but it was still fun!

We then went to my grandma's and she made breakfast for all of us. Now one thing you do have to know. Us Hukill's are major breakfast eaters. I believe that my dad flipped over 150 pancakes, and then there was bacon and sausage and people would have kept on eating if they hadn't shut the kitchen down. One of my cousins seriously ate 10 pancakes. He is just lucky he plays baseball and works out! It was crazy but a ton of fun. Thanks G-ma for feeding us!

Some of the family
My cute cousin Drew (can you tell it was a bright sunny day?!)
"Luke" and Troy
Jonathan and Bree
(he is the one that ate 10 pancakes)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I love being with cousins! We've missed hanging out...are we going to have a date night this week?