Sunday, August 16, 2009

My name is Lyndsi.....

and I am an addict.

Today, August 16, 2009 will be my last day of Diet Pepsi (hopefully). I am slowly drinking my last can right now and I can't believe I am going to try and quit. I thought I never would, since it is DIET and there are no calories in it, but nevertheless, I shall try.

How does one know they are an addict you might ask?! This is how I figured it out (besides Heather saying that I drink more Pepsi than anyone she knows)
-You know that 32 cent Tuesday is at the First Stop and that 44 cent Wed. is at the Chevron
-Your child's first words are COKE
- You save your Maverik cups to take and get refills to save money
-You rob your kids piggy banks so you don't have to swipe your debit card for .68 (that is for two 32 cent drinks)
-You actually swipe your debit card for .68 when you forgot to rob the bank!
-You have more Diet Pepsi in the fridge than you do bottles of water
-You know where all the soda deals are
-You know that Costco has the best deal!
-You crave it no matter what you do. Whether its brushing your teeth, eating ANYTHING (especially sweets), getting ready for bed, you get the idea...
-You only will go to restaurants that serve Diet Pepsi (which aren't that many)
-You know who has the nastiest Pepsi around and avoid it like the plague (Fabulous Freddies)


Once again, my name is Lyndsi, and I am an addict.

WARNING: I may be crabby, sick, trembling,have a MASSIVE and short tempered for awhile, but please don't give up on me. Call to make sure that I haven't gone into some sort of coma, that my kids are alive and well, and that Brent hasn't left me for good because the "rash" just won't go away. (And no, he doesn't have an STD)

Good bye Diet Pepsi. How I have loved you and will always love you. It is better that we part our ways now. It isn't you, it's me. You have gotten me through the worse days of my life, two newborns, and just every day life! Thank you.

10 comments:

Janalyn said...

Ok. You have inspired me. I will do it with you!!
We can lock our kids in a room and detox together!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

GOOD LUCK! All four of you that is!

Melissa said...

Seriously? I am shocked! You can do it! Just call me if you are thinking of hurting your children...I will save them. Good Luck!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Yeah good luck and you CAN do it. If I can run the marathon, you can FOR SURE quit DP. Call when you are losing it!

Bishop Fam said...

Good luck! I made it about three months before I finally cracked and gave in and welcomed my good friend back into my life. I hope you can break my record!

Cheryl said...

Good luck to you!

Heather said...

Okay, so I didn't say that so you would quit. It's just that the amount you intake is going to be the death of you. I must say I am shocked and proud of you. Hang in there. Good luck. I for one know how hard it is. I quit about once a year and then end up back on the wagon (or is it off the wagon) I don't know. You can do this!!!

Jason and Joanna said...

oh shoot- good luck to you and your family and all those who you come in contact with.

Andrew and Cori said...

You are hilarious! If you can do it and stay clean, I'll swear off Vanilla Coke for good. Really. Keep me updated...

The Foisy's said...

Oh you're so good. I haven't decided to start the Diet Pepsi AA meetings yet. Maybe I'm just not ready to admit it quite yet. lol