Sunday, August 23, 2009

One week....

I am one week sober. I would love to say that it has been easy, but I can't. I can say, it hasn't been as bad as I thought, but I want it. Bad. I haven't even had a headache. I just miss drinking it! My mouth waters every time I hear Brent open a can. I can almost taste it as I look at a can. But I don't. I do have willpower when I choose to, and this, I must have willpower. I can and will overcome my craving. Until then, here are some words of advice to the other addicts out there.

It's not worth it!. There really is no purpose in doing so. Bottom line. It sucks, so if you aren't gaining weight, getting heartburn or any other nonsense, don't quit. Just enjoy it and be the happy person it makes you be!

7 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

impressive! keep up the good work!!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

I am so proud of you. I gave up the classic coca cola, 5 years ago. I got the headaches, man it sucked!!! I lost 15 pounds though, quite fast, actually.
Good job, and keep going. My "temptious" moments, and still are, are at night!
Good news though, now when I even sip it, waterey eyes, stomach ache, and I am just sick and bloated! Not very fun, so I really think about it next time I am tempted.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

It's worth it! Not to be addicted to anything is NICE. Keep going strong! I'll think of you while sipping margarita's on the beach.

Melissa said...

Don't worry...not much longer and you will be craving a tall glass of ice water! :) I can't believe you are doing it! Keep going strong.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I am so VERY jealous of you and Melissa for getting to hold baby Claire! I didn't even know she had arrived. Our phones are off because it's so freakin' expensive to talk over here! I e-mailed Brent to get the details but he may be a little busy....I would love to hear about the whole delivery. Yes I will drink a margarita for you and yes it will be virgin:)

Kelly said...

I've never been a soda drinker but some days I think I should be. I'm probably missing out on extra energy that I could totally use in this phase of life :)

I so admire your tenacity - keep going strong!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

You are so awesome