Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What the SEVEN years?!

This past Monday, Brent and I celebrated our SEVENTH year wedding anniversary. That is right. SEVEN YEARS! Can you believe that I have put up with him that long!? haha... more like him putting up with me! Either way... it has definitely been a crazy ride for the both of us!

The first year was definitely the longest year of our marriage. I will put it simple. It was a never ending hell! Ok... I might be exaggerating a bit on that! :) If it weren't for the temple sealing, I am sure that we would have contemplated divorce. But luckily we didn't and it has been great for the past six.

The next couple after that were filled with work and Brent's electrical schooling/apprenticeship. After that was over, we were blessed with Kenna B. and then a lot of job changes from there on out! Little Gavs came on year 5 1/2 and we have been rollin' ever since!

I am sure that most people think our marriage is crazy, but it works for us and we are both happy! Neither one of us has ever slept on the couch (due to us both being extremely stubborn), or suffered the silent treatment. Although, sometimes that would be easier! hehe

So Brent.... here is to seven more fun filled years! I love you and I am glad that you decided that I was the one you wanted to kiss the rest of your life! I am glad that our kids look a lot more like you than me. I am glad we can fight and then laugh about it afterward. I am glad that you put up with my crap and I put up with yours! I am glad that you are tall and I am short. It is so fun! You rock my world babe!!!
The blessed day (I know this picture makes me look FAT)
Our most recent picture...

9 comments:

Greg and Torrey said...

our first year sucked too. like royally. glad you guys have made it. you're such a great couple! p.s. do you seriously think you look fat in your wedding pic? are you on crack? happy anniversary!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Happy anniversary!! I am so glad that we are friends. Thanks for putting up with us.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Yeah, I was a little chubbier on my wedding day also. I guess it's good that the older we get the better looking huh? Yes, it seems that a lot of people think others have an "interesting" relationship. But, if it works that is all that matters! Happy Anniversary!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Happy Anniversary!

Andrea said...

Thank goodness for those temple sealings! I think they keep us all together at some point! Ha ha!! Happy 7 years, you guys are so cute together :0)

Jason and Joanna said...

Happy Anniversary! Good work on 7 years!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are still smokin hot :)

Aaron and Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I disagree with the kid comment though....your kids look just like Hukills! Especially Gavin...he looks just like Tyler when he was little! :)

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! You are too funny Lindsi. I love that you didn't write all the sappy crap that most people do and kept it real with what marriage is like. I love it.