Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our new addition...

I just found a real live mouse in the trash can sitting about ten inches from me. Just hanging out rustling the two pieces of paper in there. Lucky for me, my big strong husband came out to save it (or me)... I'm not scared of mice, but it sure startled me. And not only that, did you know that they can jump!? I about wet my pants when it started jumping, trying to get out of the can. Thank goodness it was in the office (which is on the side of the garage) and not actually in my house. For a second there, I thought I was back living at my parents house finding random mice in places. Brent wanted to squish it, but once he saw how "cute" it was, we decided to let him out in the wild (down the storm drain near our house). Hopefully I won't find one trying to make a nest in my hair tonight- could you imagine!?

5 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

What? Brent is afraid of lizards but not mice?!? I'm so confused. That is a good husband to save you though. Good Work Brent! I do hope there isn't a nest in your hair this morning!

The Foisy's said...

AAAAAAAAAh sick!!! Good thing hubby was home!

Jason and Joanna said...

I would have screamed! It made me cringe a little to look at the picture :)

Andrew and Cori said...

Eww... Gross. I hate mice. When I was in 5th grade we had lab mice as pets. After one group didn't feed it's mice enough over the weekend and the parents ate the new babies, I just haven't been able to look at a mouse in the same way.

Aaron and Jen said...

I would have had a heart attack! Good thing Brent was there! What a good husband!