Monday, December 21, 2009

A mothers worst nightmare!

Makenna had her semi annual dance recital on Friday and she did a great, great job! I laughed almost the entire time from her facial expressions alone. I believe she is the youngest in her class, so she was on the very end even though she did freaking AMAZING! Her class performed after intermission, so Brent, Gavs, and my parental unit decided to come late. I decided to go early so she could watch Camryn dance. Big mistake. Although Camryn did a great job, I swear I had a 1 1/2 year old right after she was done. Long story short. Makenna threw THE BIGGEST FIT ever. And I mean, EVER. We were stuck in the middle of the row, and it started out by her not being able to see, and then me covering her mouth to keep her quiet, and then her make-up coming off and it just escalated from there. She was trying to hit, yelling "MEAN MOMMY!", throwing elbows, you name it, she was doing it. To top it all off after I had tried to grab all of our crap, she goes running off towards the stage (mind you, the performers are dancing to a SLOW, QUIET song) and she is tromping her way up to the stage. I walked out the other way and she finally came up the right way, where I tried with ever fiber of my being to not beat her. And I mean that so lovingly. She screamed and cried for another 20 minutes and then she was fine. And did the cutest dance ever. Oh, I love her dearly. The End.



Yes, her costume is only half a tu-tu and ugly. (She is wearing it the right way)

Camryn's face is PRICELESS!

2 comments:

Heather said...

If it makes you feel any better Parker has been throwing MAJOR fits as well. Brent and I can't leave each other alone with the child because we need each other to keep from beating him! And yes, what the heck is up with that tutu? She sure does look cute though.

Amanda said...

hahahaha ahhh girls, love it!!