Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve...

is my favorite day of the year. I LOVE it. Way more than Christmas Day.

I remember Christmas Eves' from a long, long time ago. Going to my Great-Grandma Staheli's house to play our little pipe chimes, eat food and having a little performance or two. Then going to my Grandpa Staheli's house and doing the same thing where my cousin and I always had some awesome performance going on and now to my Grandma Staheli's for soup, stories, the right-left game, and more recently the ugly sweater contest.

I have never been able to sleep on Christmas Eve in anticipation of what Santa was going to bring me. I will admit, up until recently (and when I say recently I mean this year j/k) I honestly loved getting more than giving! I would make sure I had plenty of snacks in my room to keep myself full when I was up at 3:00 AM hanging out waiting for 7:00 to come around... waking my siblings up to see if they were still up... They never were, but they always acted like they did... I LOVE it. Love love it!

I love wrapping that day, I love baking that day, and I actually love going to the stores that day. I must take after my Grandpa on that. Either way... I love it.

THIS year, we went to the Osborn's house for the party and that is exactly what it was! My Gma made this awesome cheesy potato soup (Grandma, I still need the recipe), eggnog for Brent, Gavin splitting his chin open, the sweet story that my Grandma Deni read, the awesome right-left presents we got, and mostly my ROCKING sweater. My sister thinks she won, but who wouldn't win when their sweater actually LIGHTS up. Thats right. My sweater had lights! That I could turn on and off whenever I wanted. It was awesome if I do say so myself. And I do. I gave the gift up to my sister so she wouldn't feel bad. But we all know that my sweater was the true winner. Although, my dad's shirt was great as well. But he won in the men's category!

Oh yeah, I should also blog about my kids. They loved it. I didn't see Kenna most of the night because she was off "performing" with Camryn somewhere and Gavin just hung around Brent most of the night! Good times. Later came the usual pajamas and slippers, getting the cookies ready for Santa (he loves snickerdoodles, but received chocolate chip ones instead) and got the kids to bed! This year Brent and I decided not to do anything for each other and all I can say is I LOVED IT! It was great just focusing on the kids and everyone else and not each other and what we want. I hope that continues... OK- WOW... long post! Here are pics of the night.

Hanging in their new jammies

You can't see my lights, but yeah my sister TOTALLY won the contest.

Aren't they cute!?

Not so happy...

Such the little poser.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pictures! Yeah, your sweater was awesome. Very impressive. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Aaron and Jen said...

Sounds like so much fun! Loved the sweater and your kids are so adorable! Did they get what they wanted for christmas?

Brandi said...

I just have to say I loved the sweaters... Your kids are very cute. After reading that i would have loved to see all of you in your sweaters.

Lori said...

I got my Gav those slippers also. Those were some awesome sweaters.