Monday, February 8, 2010

$48.52

is what I spent on a bra. One single bra. It even has a name. The Victoria Secret BioFit bra. Fancy huh!? I should have got the leopard print one. BUT, I didn't. I about choked when I was paying for it. I will admit this is the very first "VS" bra I have ever purchased in my life. I know crazy right!? I have other "items" from there, but not a bra I wear under my clothing (TMI?!)

I am almost embarrassed to admit this. I was never taught correct bra etiquette (no offense Mom), and I am pretty cheap, and so I figured a Target bra would have the same sort of support. I FINALLY got measured for the correct bra size, so now the cups won't either be squishing my girls out, or the cup won't be "empty".

So far the girls are enjoying the support and I think I will stick with it! I am just hoping they last a long time, so I can recoop from the expense, I mean investment.

So go me! I did something that I was embarrassed about (getting measured) and now I have one more thing to overcome. If I am ever brave enough to do it... I will let you know! Aren't you excited!?

5 comments:

Micki said...

oh, I got a VS right after I got married and can't wear anything else, now. I just got one of those bio fits, too. LOVE IT!! I figure they last so long and are so comfy that it's worth the cash. You'd end up buying 2 or 3 cheapies by the time this one wears out, anyway. :)

Aubrey said...

Yeah!! VS is the only way to go. I have had the same 5 bras from there for 5 years. They don't show any signs of giving up yet. TOTALLY worth the money. BTW. Twice a year they have huge sales and discount all their bras. I'm pretty sure it's July and January. I think you have to get on their mailers though because it's all order by phone or internet. Something to think about.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

It's AMAZING what a good bra can do huh? I finally got a good one-THANKS HEATHER-after I was done nursing Brayd. It makes needing a boob lift unnecessary anymore:). After reading the comments maybe I should check out one of the VS bras this weekend as I venture out of Burley to Salt Lake.

drama said...

now you have me all wondering what the new thing is...lyndsi you have to tell me

Heather said...

Congrats! I'm very proud. It's amazing what a good bra can do. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a descent nursing bra so for the next 6 months I will have yucky, saggy milk boobs. Way to take the plung. I also hate spending a lot of money on stuff, but a bra is just one of those things you can't go cheap on (unless you have fake boobies).