Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Twin Peak Panthers

I was a Twin Peak Panther. That was the elementary school I went to. I left after the fourth grade. I only had four teachers for the five years I was there. Ms. Tregeagle taught me for the second and fourth grade. Best teacher EVER. No exaggeration. Ask anyone that has had her. She rocks. I don't remember everyone there, but I remember enough. And oddly enough, they remember me.

Thanks to this thing called Facebook I have been able to reconnect with some of them. And we planned a reunion. That is right. An elementary school reunion. A TWENTY year school reunion. And it was a freaking BLAST! I am still on a high from it. I saw my best friend, crush, "enemy" and other friends I have just wondered about!

I was surprisingly nervous to go. I wasn't sure if I was going to recognize anyone (even though I had stalked their Facebook pages) and I wasn't sure if they would recognize me. I mean, I've grown a whole four inches since I left! Needless to say, I recognized EVERYONE that came. We even had our teacher come. We were her very first class and it was crazy how much she remembered of us and what we did! We ate at this cute little place called The Italian Village and I think we had to wait over an hour to sit down (there were 15 of us). Once we sat down, we all chatted probably for another hour waiting for our food. The time seemed to fly by (but that is probably because I didn't stop talking, laughing or listening the whole time.)

After dinner a bunch of us hung out in front of the restaurant for another hour or so and then decided to go get ice cream after that. Like I said, a TOTAL BLAST! There was never a lull in conversation and plenty of jokes throughout the night. I am hoping to be seeing these people sooner than 20 years. That is, if they ever come down to where I live!!! Some people said they hate it here.... some people haven't even been here.... OH WELL. If anything, I will be going back there and bugging all of them! :) Thank you Panthers (FYI, I didn't remember the mascot of the school, I had to ask). Let's do it again!

Our 2nd grade class! (most of us were in the same 4th grade class)

My "enemy" He proposed to me in kindergarten. I said no. Now we are good friends.

Tully and his girlfriend. The only thing different about him is that he doesn't have a flat top anymore! :(

Travis Holt (only guy married in the class), me and Ryan Kelly

My best friend in elementary. The pic was taken with my phone so it sucks. We used to think we looked like twins.

Josh, Austin, Tully and Amber (my posse for the night)

The whole group minus Ryan who was taking the picture. Thanks Ryan!


Taylor and me. (I had the biggest crush on him!) He sang "God Bless the USA" and I think of him EVERY time I hear it! *sigh*

Taylor, Austin, Josh and Ms. T!!! She rocks.... seriously!

Shane, Aaron (my friends AWESOME hubby, and no that isn't being sarcastic) and Jennifer


Here we are again! She has grown a lot taller than me. And yes, I know I look freaking OLD!

Shane (so nice), Austin (so cool), me (so short), Tully (so chill) and Josh (so sweet).

Not as tough as they look!

4 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That is hilarious that you had a reunion with your elementary class. Looks like tons of fun. I love you dress!!

Heather said...

I have never heard of an elementary reunion, but I'm glad that you had so much fun. That is crazy that you recognized everyone!!! You looked cute.

Aaron and Jen said...

I don't believe it for a second that you were nervous to go! You knew way more about everyone than I can even try to remember! Thanks for putting it together! You can ask Aaron, it was all I talked about all weekend! What a blast! Love ya!

HeatherStout said...

That is such a great idea, I would love to see some of my old elementary school buddies! P.S. You totally don't look old!