Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chore chart.

What kids like to do chores?! Mine do. Honest to all that is holy they L.O.V.E. them. Every day they ask me when they can "pick their balls out". That sounds naughty now that I type it out, but still. That's what they ask for. I started the chore chart/ball idea a few weeks ago.

It mainly started when I would end up yelling at Makenna on a daily basis to get dressed without crying. I didn't want to bribe her every morning, but it came close to it a few times. Then I was reading a blog and saw the ball idea. Therefore, I combined the two to a perfect mix for our family for this year/month/week/day.

This is how it is broken down. They have their normal "chores" every day ie. get dressed (without crying) or in Gavin's case, by himself, make bed, clean bedroom/playroom, no fits for the day, yadda yadda yadda, and then they get to "pick a ball out" (a ping pong ball with a chore vacuum, mop, empty dishwasher, that sorta thing). They get a sticker for every item they complete. If they don't get a sticker somewhere (for throwing a fit or something) they do an extra chore. At the end of the week they get their allowance which is $1.10 (the dime for tithing). Yes, I know technically they need an extra cent to pay for the dime (B & I already argued about it), but... oh well. I win and I will throw in an extra buck in our tithing once in a while to cover it. Anyway, the kids love, love it and want to do extra chores anytime they can. Its AMAZING!! Maybe I just have awesome kids. Either way, I am doing less work and its fun to watch them do it.






5 comments:

Heather said...

That is so awesome! I am totally going to try it! What great kids you have!

The Foisy's said...

That's so funny. You have pics of them doing the chores. Hope my kids love it too!

Melissa said...

Super cute idea! Start em young!

Aaron and Jen said...

You are one smart woman!

Micki said...

Nice! Isn't it great when a good idea really works?