Thursday, July 17, 2008

My favorite place on Earth!

We went to Lake Powell last week and had a BLAST! I'm so sad that we are back. I absolutely love Powell. I love the anticipation of gettng there, the drive, the smell (except the bathroom), the sun... everything! I could ride on the ski boat all day long (and did before I had children to worry about). I'll even hold the flag all day (as long as my dad is driving) just so I can stay on it. I have gone every summer since I was two and dream about it on a regular basis (seriously)! Kenna loves it too. We usually stay on the houseboat, but since there were 40 of us this year we decided to hotel it and let me tell you, that is the way to go! I loved being able to organize my bags at night (I know I'm weird), clean Gavin's bottle, and not worry about bats flying in my hair. I didn't even care that I got to shower and shave my pits (it was wonderful though), but we were all refreshed to go to the boat the next mornng. I could have stayed for three weeks doing it that way (if I didn't have to pay for the hotel!) Makenna loved the tube, jumping off the houseboat, swimming and Faithe! She followed my 12 year old cousin around the whole time! She was really patient with Kenna though so it was fun! Gavin slept about 1 hour each day and that was it, but he barely made a peep! He was so good! Brent fished a lot and finally got to relax a little bit, and I got to hang out and eat all the junk my mom brought and drink Diet Pepsi! It was so fun and I can't wait until we get to go back! Enjoy the pictures!
\

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I loved the trip I went on with all of you. I am so jealous.

Micki said...

What a blast! going with your fam was the first time I had ever gone to Lake Powell. Do you remember that? Thanks for the memories!!! :)

Lori said...

I'm so jealous. I grew up going there yearly too but then my parents sold the boat after we moved out. So sad. I miss it every year.

Jill Wittwer said...

We love Lake Powell too! I really like the hotel idea though! Looks like you had tons of fun!

Leesa said...

Never been, I need to go one of these days. I can't believe Makenna jumped from way up there!! She is pretty brave. Looked like you had alot of fun.

Jill said...

I love Powell too! Did I see a bow in Makenna's hair? I don't think you accessorize while on the lake... come on Lyns!

Robyn said...

aaaah!!! that HOSEBOAT!!!! i still have that pic of the hoseboat superheros flying to the vast reaches of lake powell...HAHAHHAHA we are the biggest LOSERS!!!!

Andrew and Cori said...

I've only been to Lake Powell once, but it was a blast. It was, of course, pre-kids, which helps to make it more enjoyable, or at least easier. Glad you had a great time!

Janalyn said...

Cute Lyns!
Thanks for sucking it up and staying in the hotel with us... I know it was a sacrifice for you guys, but it helped make us look a little less 'high maintenence!"

Jason and Joanna said...

just had to let you know that I posted pictures (but for some reason they aren't blowing up very good) but there are pictures of my whole body, and you can see my belly in there. Chcek it out!

The Foisy's said...

Oh I love Lake Powell too!! I used to live in Page for like 8 years so Lake Powell trips were a weekend thing for us. Ok, don't laugh that I used to live there. Your pictures are great! I agree with the hotel thing, especially with the baby bottles.