Wednesday, July 2, 2008

THREE KIDS!?! AHHHHH!

(sorry so long)

After having Gavin I have often thought "This is why people only have two kids" One for each parent! I can't imagine what people do with more than two! I am just barely feeling like I can function and leave my house and Gavin is almost 6 months old. So what am I going to do with three?! No, I am not pregnant THANK GOODNESS! I honestly would have a panic attack and more anxiety than I already do. But Makenna's best friend/cousin moved last week and ever since then she has told me "I want to go to Camryn's house and watch Aladdin" "I want to see Camryn" So I was talking to her mom on Monday and she was stressed out so I volunteered to take her until Thursday when my brother would take her back. Her dad brought her down (from SLC) because he had to work here for a day and let me tell you, having two two year old "twins" and a six month old baby is CRAZY! On top of that, Brent has been working out at the haunted house each night so I have been winging it by myself! This is how it has gone (for those who care).

MONDAY NIGHT: Camryn shows up at 9:30 PM (Kenna had been playing in her bed for an hour) and all went crazy. They screamed and hugged like that hadn't seen each other for a year. They ran around the table and played for about a 1/2 hour and then I tried to get them to bed. Camryn ended up sleeping on the couch (her choice) and Kenna fell asleep on her floor (her choice).

TUESDAY
2:00 AM: Camryn wakes up crying. I put her back on the couch and she goes back to sleep.

4:30 AM: Makenna wakes up crying. I find her flashlight and porcelain temple she sleeps with and goes back to sleep.

5:30 AM: Gavin wakes up crying. I feed him and he goes back to sleep.

7:03 AM: I hear talking in Makenna's room and head in there. She comes running out in her swimsuit asking for her sunscreen! I told her she had to go to bed the night before so we could go swimming. Obviously she remembered.

7:45 AM: The screaming starts again! Camryn wakes up and the giggles, screams and laughs start!

We went swimming in the morning, naps at lunch, visit Grandma Staheli and then off to my parents to go swimming again! We got home and they went to bed pretty easily. Once again, Camryn on the couch and Kenna on her bedroom floor. The sleep was about the same and then here comes Wednesday morning.

7:30 AM: The screaming, crying and fighting starts! I figure they are totally sick of each other and we head off to park day at 9:45. They fight over a towel the whole time and want to leave about 10 minutes after we got there! We leave and then I try to get them to clean up the house that they have destroyed.

We head to McDonalds and Jill saves my sanity! Heather, Rachel and Leesa all show up and we had a great time chatting while the kids play and had a lot of fun. I took Camryn to my grandma's house to get away and some relief from Kenna. They are a lot like a husband and wife. They fight and then they are the best of friends 2 seconds later. That or sisters. This is the funniest thing I have heard them say to each other.

CAMRYN: "I want my mommy!"
KENNA: "No, your mom is in Salt Lake"

We have her for one more full day and it honestly hasn't been TOO bad! She keeps Makenna entertained for the most part. They both have gotten baby food in their mouths for screaming and not stopping (I know I'm so mean) and Gavin is definitely ready for that to stop! He jumps every time one of them screams. Our poor ears!

2 comments:

Linds said...

Ha that is too funny! Makenna was so cute in Nursery on Sunday! I totally agree with the "three kids" thing. I AM CRAZY!!! My kids just accept it! ha! Good luck for one more day! Call me if you need anything!

Jill said...

I think it is a cousin thing! Chloe and her cousin Rylie are about 8 months apart and it is a major love hate relationship! Good luck call me when you need a diet coke and I will bring you one! Thanks for the crumbs..,oh I mean pickle chips...Tell Brent thanks for saving me some!