Friday, June 27, 2008

Corpse Nightmare



HALLOWEEN IS IN FULL SWING AT OUR HOUSE!!! I don't know how many people know that my husband and his brother are obsessed with Halloween. They are now creating their fifth haunted house. This will be the fourth they have done since we have been married and they did one in high school. Had I known he loved Halloween so much and that this would be a crazy, very expensive hobby I might have thought differently about the marriage proposal! :)
They did their haunted house the first two years and Staheli Farms and last year they did one there and one at the mall. He would always come home and crawl into bed at 2 in the morning smelling like cow crap but this year they have simplified (I threatened divorce if not!) and now are only doing one at the mall so he doesn't smell as bad. This means, I have long summer nights filled with nothing to do because my husband is gone, hanging out with crazy, odd Halloweeny people building "his haunt." Our Halloween season usually starts in February when they start having their meetings. Thats right, they have Halloween meetings! They discuss props, new rooms, old rooms, people, ideas... that sort of boring thing. I think its great my husband is so creative, but really hunny Halloween!? I wish he could decorate my house with his creativeness. Just not with blood, skulls and weird clowns. Anyway, the planning part goes until May and then they start building. You think they would be smart and build it before it gets hot but whats the fun in working in a cool semi trailer when you can work in it when it is 130 degrees inside! This goes until the middle of November usually because they have to put on "production" and then "break down" So I shouldn't say that Halloween starts in February, I should say, our Halloween break ends in February. So, once again I am a widow until November! I should have known he loved Halloween so much when I went to my in-laws Halloween party before we were married. What was I thinking?! :)
No honestly, they do a great job and it is always a success (even though the money goes to pay for all of the props and such).

3 comments:

Andrea said...

oh you totally just got me excited for Halloween.... It is Def. my FAVORITE holiday!! You tell Brent I will be there! :)

Jill Wittwer said...

I'm sorry you're a single mom, when you have a night off let us know and we will have girls night! Danny & I will have to make it to the Haunted house this year, we saw it last year but didn't make it. That's a fun thing to do though! I don't know who "mother" is! I guess I just need to read farther down on your blog?

Leesa said...

I like Halloween too, maybe not as much as Brent. You know when the year comes amd he stops doing it, you will probably be the one that misses it because he will be home complaining that he should have done one.