Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camping!

Brent and I finally made it camping with the kids. Let me tell you, I'm not a huge camper. I don't like camping in tents (and almost refuse too) I hate going "potty on the leaves," I hate using the leaves for toilet paper (maybe that is why I'm ornery j/k) and I don't really like waking up cold. Other than that, I enjoy it. We went with my brother and sister in law up to Enterprise Reservoir. The campsite was not good, but at least we had a couple of trees to hide under. Everyone else was in broad daylight! We were lucky and had a really good time. Makenna was so excited to go camping and fishing (mind you, she had no clue what either one was) but she kept telling me she wanted to go do both. She loved getting dirty and playing with everyone. She even got on a 4-wheeler which was a complete shock to both Brent and me since she is usually TERRIFIED of them. She didn't want to get off them. It was fun. We ate delicious food (which is the ONLY reason I like to go camping). We had a great time and hopefully we'll do it again.

Headed off to Enterprise

Gavin in the trailerKenna on the 4-wheeler
Michael and GavinKenna fishing with her Daddy

6 comments:

HeatherStout said...

Your pictures are awesome! I really like the one of Brent and McKenna fishing. By the way, you sound like a fun camper (if everything is perfect, right)!

Live Life said...

Looks like you had fun! Camping isnt my thing either, but once your there in it, its not so bad! Esp. when you have a camper to sleep in :) Glad you guys had fun!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I can't believe you went camping!!! Why do you gotta make me look bad? Sounds like you had a lot of fun, but glad it wasn't me!! Oh by the way, pretty sure you are the crazy one for hanging out in the burning hotness for the WHOLE summer!!!! 85 degrees is so much better in Burley, Idaho then 105+ in St. George!

Andrea said...

I lov camoing! We have no been in the longest time. I am jealous looks like u had fun!

Allie said...

My idea of camping is in our family cabin.(flushing toilet, shower, etc.) I love it!! It is fun to see the kids venture out into the great outdoors. Glad you had a great time.

Lori said...

Way to go, we haven't even attempted the tent camping with Gavin.