Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm going there some day!

Makenna is OBSESSED with the temple. And when I say obsessed, I mean OBSESSED! We canceled our XM Radio (no joke) because she only wants to listen to "I Love to see the Temple" Now, I know that we could tell her no, but its so cute to listen to her sing it instead of scream "I WANT TO SING TEMPLE! I WANT TO SING TEMPLE!" She knows almost every word of both verses to it. We drive by it every time we get in the area of it and she loves it. She tells me she is marrying Diego in the temple and also that Ariel and Eric got married there. She wants to wear a temple dress and reminds me daily that I married Brent in the temple. I think to myself when she says that "Yes, I know I am stuck with your father for WAY TOO LONG!" (just kidding!) We even go by there and see "baby Jesus" (the Christ statue at the VC) and listen to his message. We then walk the temple grounds and she goes and knocks on the door and then reminds me that we need keys to get into the temple. I love it! So I took her there today with her best friend Camryn and this is the turnout!





Here is their prince!

10 comments:

Allie said...

That is so dang cute! My kids love the temple too, they just aren't quite as obsessed. LOL. Good thing, I like my Sirius radio way too much! :)

HeatherStout said...

OHHH my gosh! So cute, I'm totally loving those pictures. I hope she can handle Diego's voice for eternity, I can't stand it for half hour!

GOULDING CLAN said...

I love the dress. I wish I could take Kaia to the temple but we'd have to drive for 2 hours. But one day...

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

That is soooo funy. I love it. I think you should tell "that mom" that she is a temple lover! I am totally laughing right now, those dresses are the cutest thing ever. That will be great for her REAL wedding video.

Leesa said...

Way too cute!

Jason and Joanna said...

that is way cute! it sounds like you're doin something right though!Hopefully she will find someone else to go to the temple with though... and not Diego. haha!

Greg and Torrey said...

i suck, i haven't even taught our makenna about the temple yet. hopefully nursery is doing that for her. that is such a cute post!

Lori said...

Those are adorable pictures. I love the princess' at the temple.

Bishop Fam said...

Madi loves to look at pictures of me in my wedding dress and says she can't wait to go and marry her "dad" someday. I love it!

Andrew and Cori said...

Those are some seriously cute pictures!!