Friday, July 25, 2008

Old Home Bakery!

I don't know how many of you go to the Old Home Bakery (I think that is what it is called) that is on the Boulevard. I had never been there before, just saw all of the cheap signs about their buns being on sale and such. Anyway, I stopped by one day and let me tell you. They have some nice cheap buns! And bread for that matter. I bought 7 bags of buns for $5.05. That is roughly 70 cents a bag plus tax. Plus, we only had to scrape mold off half of the buns! (totally kidding). Anyway, they are Sara Lee buns, bread, and other goodies. I have also seen Grandma Sycamore's bread, chips, and HUGE Otter Pops! The bread that I love that is usually $3.00 at Wal-Mart is only $1.50 there. I could hardly believe it! There is a cute old man that works there as well that makes it worth the trip! Anyway, I just thought I would give the store a plug, because it rocks! (even though you have to drive to the middle of town to go there)!

7 comments:

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

My sister-in-law shops there, too. She's convinced me to start. She buys their cheap, close-to-expiration bread, and then she freezes it until she's ready to use it.

Kengie said...

I'll have to check it out. You're just stalking the old man aren't you?

Jason and Joanna said...

my parents have shopped there since I don't know when! Apparently they have sales and the bread is even cheaper then! Totally understand about the grandma sycamore bread- it is the best, and even better when you find it for only $1.50, compared to $3!

Andrea said...

ok I am glad smeone has tried that place out. I have always wondered if it was actually edible... I will have to check it out!

Aaron and Jen said...

I just tagged you on my blog!

erika said...

Hey Lynz! I shop there all the time! You can tell when I have been there because our freezer is full of bread. I went there today just to buy the box of super big otter pops, and the lipstick candy that are 2 bags for $1.

Test said...

Here is the thing, I have been trying to get Lyndsi to shop there for the last 5.5 yrs we have been married. I love that place, finally I got her to stop in because we needed a ton of HD buns for a family dinner. Anyways I love the super glazed cake doughnuts.