Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Martin's Mintues

OK... I haven't kept up this month very well, so I am going to tell you minute by minute what we have been up to and some random information.

1. Secret Millionaire- SUCKS. I know I blogged all about it, but now I find it quite disappointing after the first show. They had the $300 million dollar man (who is 25) who gave only $90,000 and didn't really live in poverty when he went out to find a place. STUPID.

2. Gavin is now sleeping through the night! I know I know, he is almost one and he should have been sleeping about 8 months ago, but I'm too lazy and would rather walk in his room almost still fully asleep and give him a two ounce bottle and go straight back to bed then hear him scream for a week getting him to sleep through the night. Nevertheless, he is sleeping!

3. Ever since Gavin has been sleeping through the night, Kenna has not. She sleeps in just her panties and hates to be covered so she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and freezing but not wanting to be covered. Hmmm.. she has been doing better though and I even got her to sleep in pajamas last night!

4. Gavin is now on all solid foods. No more formula and I am loving it. So is he. He did really good switching and now he is a big boy! Still no hair, but he is weaned off of formula.

5. Gas prices are WAY down and it only cost $33.00 to fill my car! ROCK ON

6. Brent's work is still busy and we are so grateful for that. He has finally recooped from Halloween and now looking into expanding his work load.

7. Makenna had a fun filled week with her friends. On Tuesday Parker came over to play in the morning while his mom went to help in Carters class. Mia and Chloe came over to play with her in the afternoon and Makenna ate that up. She doesn't have many friends that are girls so she was SO excited that they would watch Tinkerbell and play dress up with her. Tuesday night, Camryn came down from SLC and slept over and Kenna is still on cloud 9 from that!
Watching Tinkerbell (yes, she is always in her panties)

Reading their "scriptures" (princess stories)

So cute together!

8. Saturday Kenna, my mom and I went to the Nutcracker and it was SO good. Makenna sat the whole time (which is very unlike her) and only fell asleep the last 10 minutes of the show. It was a lot of fun.

That about sums up the past couple of weeks. It is too bad that it is all a little boring to read. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far and maybe I'll write something a little more scrooge like later.

6 comments:

Janalyn said...

not boring at all...loved it!
I love that Kenna is always in her panties...
Hopefully she grows out of that!!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I totally thought that dude was lame too on the secret millionaire, but you don't see me giving away even 10,000.00 of my own money. But, I'm not a secret millionaire either. Hopefully next weeks is better. I liked the guy that gave away 300,000.00 He was sweet! It had to be the woman.

Aaron and Jen said...

So Kenna doesn't like to stay dressed either, huh? haha I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones....

Thanks! We are so excited for the new little one, but kinda freaked out! It's too late now, though, huh? haha :) I've been feeling pretty...miserable....okay totally miserable but hopefully I'll get feeling better soon!

Lori said...

Thanks for the updates. Yay Gavin for eating solids and sleeping! I can't believe he is almost 1. So exciting. I am glad Brent's business is going well.

Jill Wittwer said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Hunter wakes up every night crying and cold too, but I can't get him to wear socks with his pjs! And yeah for solid foods and sleeping through the night!

Heather said...

I love your blog! Thanks for all the help you gave me with mine! As for Kenna getting up at night Parker still does too and wakes up at 6:oo am every stinkin morning. It is a good thing kids are cute or I would consider giving them away! P.S There are plenty of bald men that are cute!(there is hope for Gavin)