Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey Day is over

Well, as all of you know, Thanksgiving has been over for a week now and the Christmas spirit is in full bloom. I thought I would catch up on how fun our Thanksgiving was!

First off, I love the rain so I was stoked that we woke up and it was dreary! I went to Wal-Mart with Makenna to get a few items and surprisingly it wasn't packed at all. I should have done my Black Friday shopping on Thursday and then taking my receipt in and got discounts the next day! :) Back to Thanksgiving.

We headed to Grandma Staheli's house for our first meal. It was at 3:00 and we ate about 3:15! That is pretty dang good timing for Staheli's. My aunt Janalyn made a beautiful and delicious turkey, and my grandma made the rest of the food! It was so dang good. By the end of pie, Gavin could barely scoot around he was so full. And that is not an exaggeration. He was moving SO SLOW! It was so cute. We let our food settle and then headed to Grandma Martin's for the next meal. They were all done with eating by the time we got there but we got the dessert (it's the best part anyway) and pigged out once again. We hung out until the kids started having melt downs and then packed up and left! I went to a movie with my family while Brent went home with the kids and started putting up Christmas lights. I saw Four Christmases and it was a pretty funny movie! I would recommend it to all. I went home and tried to work off my food and junk that I ate and then went to bed full nice, plump and full! Here are some pictures to enjoy (for all those (most likely three people) that are still reading this novel).

4 comments:

Jill Wittwer said...

Love your blog background!! Glad you had a good holiday!

HeatherStout said...

Mmm, nothing better than two Thanksgiving dinners! I love the pics, especially the one of Gavin cheesin it on the couch!

Andrea said...

I have got to do a better job at checking in on people! Looks like you guys had a fun family filled Thanksgiving. Just the way it should be! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Crazy! I told Kev that we need to make our way out to Wash Fields to see the Martin's house all decorated up with X-mas lights! Maybe we will stop bye and say hello!

Micki said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I saw that Four Christmases movie that weekend, too. HATED IT. Maybe 'cause I saw it when I was sick and would rather have been home sleeping. Oh well. Merry Christmas!