Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's about freakin' time!

When most mothers here that they are having a little girl, a lot of things go through their mind (well at least my mind). Pink, dress-ups, princesses, bows, tu-tu's, and pigtails. My hopes of all of those things was still alive when she was born with a decent amount of brown hair! I was so excited until she turned six months old and I realized all of her gorgeous locks were gone. And she was as bald as they come (her head looked like Gavin's does). All I could do was put headbands on her poor little hairless head. She finally grew some blond hair back, but I haven't been able to do any real pigtails until now. She is ALMOST THREE and we finally have pigtails. And I don't mean the cute little ones that usually are on the top of her head. So debuting her first set of pigtails: (don't mind the crooked part, it's hard to get a two year old to sit still!) Here she is- MAKENNA!

7 comments:

Linds said...

She is so cute! I love the pigtales! That's always an exciting day (when the hair comes in..lol)

Jason and Joanna said...

good job!!! They look really good, especially for dealing with the moving 2 year old! haha!

*by the way- I think I'm "done", so I hope I don't go another couple of weeks!! :) don't worry, I'll let you know when she is here!!!

GOULDING CLAN said...

So cute. I remember being so excited when I could finally put Kaia's hair in Piggy Tails. Except for Kaia that was about a year ago. haha

Andrea said...

Oh I love it! Pig tails are the best! Call me if you ever need bows!

Melissa Garn said...

Cute pigs Makenna!

Jason and Joanna said...

I just got a great idea- your grandpa is a Dr!! Why doesn't he hook me up and get this baby out of me? I think you could talk him into it, what do you think? ;)

Kelly said...

How adorable! Mae will be close behind :) But I consider it more of a curse. I never get more frustrated than when I'm doing Eva's hair. McKenna is such a cutie!