Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying to learn.

As some of you may know, I am not a morning person. And when I mean not a morning person, I mean, 8:30 iS WAY early to me, I don't have a bra on until at least 10:30, and I usually end up brushing my teeth after I eat lunch. I know. I'm pathetic. But I love to just hang around the house in the mornings! Preschool about kills me when I have to drive and be ready by 8:35!!! I have a good friend (Bonnie) that actually wakes up and get ready before her kids are up, so she is always on top of her game. That way (and she is so smart) she will be ready for anyone that comes to the door or if she has to run anywhere quick. I have tried to take her example and do that, but frankly, it doesn't work. Anyway, not the point.

Point is this. In recent weeks, people have been coming to my door in the morning (before 11:00 AM) and Makenna has so graciously answered the door before I can yank her into the kitchen and tell her not to answer it, or turn the TV off so they think that we aren't home. I love that people come to the door and give me money (HOA dues), but not when I am hagged out. I usually have to answer the door, covering my chest up "secretly" (TMI?!), and acting like it doesn't bug me that my daughter is dancing around in her panties, that Gavin has milk stained pajamas on, and I have a zit the size of Jupiter in between my eyes at 11:30 AM. The other day, some people stopped by to look at something and I was still braless at 2:00 in the AFTERNOON! Granted, it was a Saturday and I had been somewhat cleaning, but still... embarrassing. BUT! I still haven't learned. And probably never will. Although, for the past two days, I haven't fallen back asleep on the couch after I (Brent) get the kids breakfast, so that is something! Maybe by April, I will be dressed and ready to go by 10:00! And if not... don't come to my door please! And for all of you that are ready before your kids, kuddos to you!

8 comments:

Emily Blais said...

Okay, you, Lyndsi, are hysterical. You have just described my life. I guess that means I am pathetic too. I have to say though, that I was somewhat relieved to hear that 8:30 is WAY too early for other moms too. Seriously... And I HATE when people come to my door unannounced. Thats SO not okay. Because usually, I too have no bra on. And guess what? I feel fine about it.

Andrew and Cori said...

I always think it sounds like a good idea to get up before my kids and be ready to go. Occasionally, it may happen and its true- my mornings do move along more smoothly. But, let's be honest: I value every second of sleep I manage to get each night. And I don't feel bad about that. Neither should you. :) What other people think of you is none of your business. They'll get over it...

Cheryl said...

Completely agree! Of course I had to read this the one morning this month I actually AM dressed (and showered!) before 8AM, but today is my day for hosting playgroup {read: babysitting 2 toddlers so I don't have to watch mine so closely}.

Every other day, I'm lucky to shower before 3PM!

Heather said...

I also HATE mornings. I cherish friday's and saturday's when Brent is home so that he can get up with the kids. I don't understand morning people. I love to sleep and I also hate it when people come to my door before noon. I, on the other hand, ALWAYS have a bra on because if I didn't they would probably hang out the bottom of my shirt. Yes, they are that saggy. Nursing has ruined me!!!

Amanda said...

Lynds-
I seriously LOVE your blog, you are hilarious!!!

The Foisy's said...

Did I write that post or did you?! Seriously girl, I felt like I just read my own life! I have this dilemma daily! I used to be able to get up early. I worked at 9:00 or I had class at 7:30. You would think that motherhood would help me to maintain that but no it made it worse!! I would sleep until ten if I could!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

I also rarely wake up before 8:30 or 9:00. But at least you're dressed when visitors come. It's been more than several occasions when I've been hanging out in my G's nursing Brynnlee when someone comes to the door. Before I know it, Jake's tying to undo the lock and calling my name. It's not even worth dealing with anymore because by the time I unlatch a screaming baby and throw on some clothes, they're always gone.

Kelly said...

I wish I were like Bonnie but I'm so not. I feel like if I get up before my kids the day seems so long! And I'm exhausted by like 11. For some reason I don't like not having a bra on, but other than that I'm in comfy clothes until I have to leave the house (and even then, if you drive by and I'm out playing with my kids, sometimes I'm STILL in comfy clothes.)