Monday, April 21, 2008

I have a booger in my nose!

Makenna used to go to bed perfect! I mean, we would say prayers read 2-5 books depending on the time, give her a kiss and shut the door. Well that was about three weeks ago and things have not been the same. I'm not sure what happened but that is not the case anymore. The first couple of times it happened it took us 2 hours to get her to finally fall asleep. And she started making up excuses.... my tummy hurts, my bum hurts, my leg hurts, I want the fan on, I want my heater on, I can't find Diego etc. Luckily the time shortened but she still comes out at least once a night and has some excuse. Tonights was my favorite! "I have a booger in my nose!" So I wiped her nose and she went back to bed. I thought it was funny at least!

5 comments:

Janalyn said...

Hey, I wish I could have my own personal 'nose picker'!
That is so funny!!

Jill said...

I hear crazy excuses from Mia too! I haven't heard the booger one, though. That's funny! It's better she told you instead of wiping it on the headboard or nightstand like Chloe does. I finally bought her a little box of kleenex to put on her nightstand.

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

How funny! I love that I can put Jake in his crib and he'll sleep securely through the night. I'm not anticipating the nighttime battles that come with big-boy beds in the near future. Oh, and thanks for stopping by our blog. You can peek in on us any time!

Leilani said...

so I hear child abuse works... try a squirt bottle, and put it on stream! My neighbor squirts her kids if they miss behave in the car or if they won't go to bed, I've never tried it but she says it works! Nice eh! Seriously though, don't you love it when they throw something new in the mix, just when you think you are the best mom, and you have your kids all figured out... gotta love it!

Robyn said...

Lyndsi, that reminds me of the many times we cruised the Vard and instead of hitting on guys you would often say things like "i have a booger in my nose"....i dont think you can wonder where she gets it from!