Friday, April 11, 2008

Kids, cookies and cupcakes!

So the Martin family has a monthly baby-sitting plan I guess you can call it where every month one of the brothers or sisters takes all of the cousins while the parents get to go out for three hours. It was our turn this month and man it was crazy! We ended up with eleven kids total (including ours). We had all but two of the grandkids: Joshua 9, Meggin 8, Brooklyn 6, Aspyn 6, Jace 6, Tearony 4, Makell 3, Camryn 2, Makenna 2, Maicey 1, and Gavin 3 months! (Keng, we missed the boys!) and then I adopted my little niece/cousin from the other side of the family since we already had 10 so I figured whats one more! It was totally crazy, but it ended up being a fairly fun night! I made pizza for them to eat (which they scarfed down) and then I also had cookies and cupcakes (I love excuses to bake). We played outside before it got to freezing cold, played in the playroom for a minute, and then played the Wii and watched a movie! I gave Makenna, Camryn and Maicey a bath and they loved it. Luckily Gavin slept most of the time so we could focus on the other 8! Remind me not to have 11 children no matter how much I enjoy being pregnant! Here are a few pictures that captured some of the chaos! Don't mind that they don't line up and are kind of a mess on the post... I am still learning! :)

6 comments:

Janalyn said...

Did you guys give Gavin some sort of sleeping drug! There is no way he could be that peaceful with all those little rugrats runnin around!!!

Jill said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! Glad it was you and not me!

Jason and Joanna said...

When I see you start poppin them out like nobody's business I will be sure to remind you of the adventure you had that night.

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun idea, but totally crazy. I couldn't even imagine watching that many kids.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

That is amazing! A good idea though for others to watch your kids. I wish I had family close to do something like that!

Linds said...

ahhh that is crazy! You could do it though...you are always so calm! Hey we need to come and visit you when you get home! I'll call ya sometime next week! Have fun in Cali.