Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The years first swim!

For the past few weeks, Kenna has been asking to go swimming with her life jacket so Brent and I finally broke down and decided to take her to Sand Hollow. Unfortunately that meant that I had to get into a swim suit (yuck) but luckily there weren't that many people there to throw up after seeing me! :) Anyway, Makenna was STOKED when we told her she was going swimming. She asked all day to go swimming with her life jacket. I pulled out her swim suit from last year to see if it still fit. Once I put it on her she wouldn't let me take it off! It looked like a french cut swimsuit (I think that is what it is called) because it was a little small but she loved it and sported it around the rest of the day (and night). When we finally got to the place Kenna ran into the part of the pool while Brent paid and I got her ready to go swimming! We put on her turtle life jacket and she was off! Brent got in with her at first and I hesitantly followed. Gavin slept the whole time we were there so it was great!!! Brent took her down the huge hydro slide they had and after she went down she goes "Again Daddy! By myself!" She is a brave little turkey, so we let her go all by herself. No, I'm kidding we didn't but she would have loved it! She does great in the water too! She can hold her breath and her life jacket makes it so that she can swim by herself without going under! I'm sure by the end of summer she won't even need it. She also loved the whirl pool. Here are some pics of the event! Don't fret, there aren't any of me so you don't have to grab the garbage can! (Sorry about the short slide show, I'm still learning)
Click to play Swimming
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a photobook - it's easy!

1 comment:

Kengie said...

Cute pictures Lyndsi. We just use our video camera for our videos. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days. It's supposed to snow on Friday. :-(