Sunday, May 25, 2008

The "Orphanage"


On Wednesday May 21st, my family and I dropped my little bro off at the MTC. It honestly was 35 degrees up there. It went from 104 on Tuesday to 35 on Wednesday. He said he felt that he was being dropped off to prison or an orphanage. That made it all the more sad! He is going to Dnepropetovsk, Ukraine. That is approx. 6,100 miles away. He will be speaking Russian which means he will be in "prison" for 3 months! I hope he survives. Brent was in there for 3 weeks and about shot himself he hated it so bad. We got his first letter already and he seems to be doing alright! I can't imagine what he is going through though. I never knew what the MTC was like and my heck, it is horrible! They aren't joking when they say that missionaries go one way and the family goes the other. They even have signs that say "Family Exit, Missionary Exit." Luckily he was able to go in with one of his friends so he was a little comforted. I can't believe that parents willingly let their children go across the world at 19 years. It will be great and he will learn so much! Here are a few pictures of the blessed day. I don't know how to do the collages on here so you just get a long list of pictures! Sorry!!!

Look how tan he is compared to me?!
And that is what Russian looks like!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Russian looks very hard. Hopefully he catches on quickly, which I'm sure he will.