Thursday, May 8, 2008

TRUTH! (sorry its a novel)

On Sunday during relief society the lesson was on "Liking Yourself". Someone made a comment about how people can put a front on and never really tell the truth about how their life is. I am one that does that. So I figured I would come out with the "truth" of the Martin household! Not that anyone really cares, but oh well! Don't read it if you don't want!!!

My life is honestly good. My kids are awesome and Brent is great! Brent and I do argue about the stupidest things, probably more than others, less than some. If he would just understand that I am always right we wouldn't have issuses. But that is what makes us work. He is a workaholic and his phone rings off the hook. It drives me NUTS most of the time, but oh well... at least he's with me when he's on it! I enjoy having two kids, but man it has been hard! It has gotten better the past month, but the first three months were crazy. Poor Makenna! She did so well with Gavin coming into the family, but this past month she is going through something all her own! I try to be patient with her, but I get frustrated so easily with her! She sits on Gavin, she grabs his arms and face, she screams, she is bossy, she isn't very nice to other kids and she doesn't stay in her bed at night. I get mad, and then I feel so dang bad because I know that she is only two and this is completely normal behavior! I'm tired of Gavin waking up in the middle of the night. I know this is also completely normal behavior as well, but why can't my babies miraculously sleep through the night at three months?! I wake up at 5:15 every morning to go to the gym to work off the rest of my baby gut and I HATE IT! I'm so frustrated because all it seems to do is get bigger! I guess I could stop eating cookies non stop... (yum, I love them and cupcakes). I am so grateful that Brent gets up with Gav between 5:30-6:00 so that I can go to the gym. He honestly is a great husband and he works well with my "issues." I get ornery late at night and he gets super hyper. I hate it because the grumpier I get, the more hyper he gets. You should see the two of us at 11:30 at night... it is crazy let me tell you. Brent literally is jumping on the bed, and I'm crying because I am so tired and irritated. It lasts about 10 minutes and then all is well and we both go to sleep. I worry about my whole family probably more than I should. I'm so sad that Tyler is leaving for two years and going across the world. I worry that he is going to be all alone and scared and not have Makenna there to cheer him up! He will do great in Ukraine and am so glad that he made the decision to go on a mission. We'll miss him, but he will be better there than here!

To wrap up my "sob story", I know that my issues are small and a lot more insignificant than others. I like my life! I have a healthy, happy family! I have a house! I get to stay home with my kids and enjoy the crying, screaming, being bossed around,and changing of diapers. My husband owns his own company and is finally content with his job! He is so fun to be around and is a great helper! I love him and all his quirks! We really enjoy spending time with each other and friends. Not family, just friends! haha... I love my kids more than words can describe. I could cry just thinking about them and how special they are to me. I love that Makenna twirls for 3 minutes straight while dancing to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. I love that when Gavin wakes up for the final time in the morning, he is so happy and giggly. I love that Brent is a morning person so I don't have to be! I love that he is a hard worker so I don't have to be! OK... if anyone is still awake or still reading. I love that we are married for eternity and thanks to sunday school a few weeks ago, it sounds like I don't have to share him up in heaven (if I make it there) if we choose not to! WAHOO! OK, I'm done. Thank you for letting me vent. I love life!

7 comments:

Andrew and Cori said...

I liked your vent- very informative and truthful. It just goes to show that no matter what may be bothering you or what problems you have, there is still a silver lining to every cloud. And your kids are the cutest, by the way.

Leesa said...

Just let it all out. I love it.

Live Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Live Life said...

Remember you are never alone in this life, there is always someone who is going through what you are, and there is always someone who is there to listen! *hugs*

I always used to think that somewhere in the world there was another mother who was up with their baby geting them back to sleep at the same time I was... it always put a smile on my face and made the multiple night feedings less stressful...

Leesa said...

Hey I tagged you. Do it if you want to, K.

Janalyn said...

I love you Lyns!!!
Wow... she really twirls for three straight minutes?

Lori said...

I have felt disconnected from you guys because I haven't been on the computer much, but now I feel all caught up on the martin happenings. After 3 months things are easier. I hope the whole night sleeps come soon. We have those now, but he wakes up at 6:30, which is still too early for me. I will be in vegas next week if you feel like going there let me know. Tys will not be with me though, so it would probably be to do some kid fun.