Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tuesday Tell All!

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking
around outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

So I am copying Nicole on this but I think its a great idea and gives me more to blab about! :) Lucky for all you readers! :) So it is a site that gives you ideas to write about and this weeks topic is on motherhood (go figure). Here is my take! :)

First experience as a Mom:
Bawling my eyes out, realizing that Brent and I had created a perfect human being and that she would be with us forever. I couldn't get over how perfect she was even with her long monkey toes! She had hair which was a huge surprise and was wide awake looking at me! It melted my heart and she still does every time I look at her.


Best Mom advice:
Enjoy every moment you have with them! Put the mop down, windex and dishes and focus on them and what they love. Or have them help you clean! Then you are bonding with them along with getting your house clean and teaching them responsibility!!! (if it were only that easy)

Things I learned from my Mom:
Yelling doesn't do any good! (I learned, but I still "raise my voice")I don't remember her yelling at us kids ever. Not that she didn't get mad or discipline, but she didn't yell. She barely raised her voice. She also taught me patience and not to worry about the small things that don't matter. They are little for just a short time!

Why I love being a Mom:
I get to see Makenna dance (turn in circles) to all her favorite "prince" songs.
I get to snuggle with Gavin and rub his bald little head
I get to be the one to comfort them
I understand what she is saying when no one else does
I can make a tummy ache go away by rubbing her belly.
I get to kiss it all better!
I have the two cutest kids ever!
EVERYTHING!

Things I NEVER did until I became a Mom:
Wiped snot with my hand and then wiped it on my pants
Sang out loud
Changed my outfit more than twice in a day
Watched Dora
Wiped other peoples butts
Took pictures like crazy!
Told bedtime stories

This isn't a tag but I'm going to make it one. I tag everyone on my list!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!






2 comments:

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Hi-
Okay so I just got caught up with your blog, and I am so glad that someone is in the same "season" as me. My life is crazy hard too, I know it is nuts. I think you are an amazing mom and your family is sooo lucky to have you. These days are long and hard, but I like it that you are very grateful. Happy Mothers Day, eat a cupcake you deserve it.
Hailey is doing sooo good with the whole potty training thing, almost no accidents, some every now and then but I try to tell myself that that is normal.
I totally understand your frustration with your two year old not being nice, Hailey if you recall was a monster, it has gotten a lot better, but wow, I am so glad that Ryker is still with us and still a happy fellow. Just so you know, Ryker is still waking up once a night as well, he will be six months on the 15, it drives me insane. Hailey can be in on her bed quiet for almost an hour and a half, just reading to herself, I don't know what it is go to sleep already.
I share your same frustrations, I don't know what to do either. You are a great person and a great mom, I get mad too, and feel super bad, I think its because we are human, but I do wish I didn't. I try to remember we are so lucky to be at home with our children, but sometimes that is even hard to remember...
sorry so long
Love you All,
Jess

Cheryl said...

wow. i can ditto on almost all of those "never dids".